Obama is an idiot...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fractals 'R Us, Sep 26, 2008.

1. uhh no.

I'm in the real estate business and I was a mortgage broker and I can tell you right now what caused the housing bubble: Wall street. The lenders didn't care about the borrowers because the over leveraged secondary market was buying up everything in sight. 90% of the loans I funded were sold BEFORE WE EVEN CLOSED. More borrowers more buyers, more demand. Its not frickin rocket science. If you think it wasnt facilitated by lack of regulation you are simply an idiot.

#41     Sep 26, 2008
  2. cuz69

cuz69

Did you watch the video?
    I think not.

And you know what, I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS about regulation, you can't afford... YOU DON'T BUY... PERIOD!!!!!!!

Noone twisted the lenders arms to sell these properties. The ignorant buyers showed up!

Unless you feel lenders went door to door trying to sell a fabulous deal.... Please!

#42     Sep 26, 2008
  3. I would ask you just a general question. How many of the loans that you put through, shouldn't have gone through? And would the regulation that you speak of stopped you from submitting the packages?

#43     Sep 26, 2008
    #44     Sep 26, 2008

5. Its hard to say which ones "shouldnt" have gone through. I can say 90% of the loans I did would have no chance now. I don't believe the loan products are necessarily to blame. For example stated income loans are great for people who simply are self employed and don't get pay stubs and w2's. Pay option arms (potential neg ams) are great for flexability. The fact is these loans are meant for a certain kind of borrower, not just anybody. Why would someone working at wal-mart need a stated loan? They probably wouldnt. But the lenders didn't care. They really didn't. This is because (and to answer your second question) the secondary market was buying everything! They would sell the loans in bundles before they even closed. Had regulations been in place to stop the secondary market from becoming so artificially over leveraged they would have been more choosy about which loans to actually buy and that would have filtered right on down to main streets lending requirements.

BTW. I have been saying that the lack of regulation in the secondary market was the root cause of all this for freakin months now. I can honestly say " I told you so". I even have the thread on ET to prove it.

#45     Sep 26, 2008
  6. cuz69

cuz69

#46     Sep 26, 2008
    #47     Sep 26, 2008
  8. cuz69

cuz69

#48     Sep 26, 2008