Obama is a Tax cheat.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Obama's rejects the dictionary definition of the meaning for "tax"

Mr. Obama: "No, but—but, George, you—you can't just make up that language and decide that that's called a tax increase."

"I don't think I'm making it up," Mr. Stephanopoulos said. He then had the temerity to challenge the Philologist in Chief, with an assist from Merriam-Webster. He cited that dictionary's definition of "tax"—"a charge, usually of money, imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes."

Mr. Obama: "George, the fact that you looked up Merriam's Dictionary, the definition of tax increase, indicates to me that you're stretching a little bit right now. . . ."

Mr. Stephanopoulos: "I wanted to check for myself. But your critics say it is a tax increase."

Mr. Obama: "My critics say everything is a tax increase. My critics say that I'm taking over every sector of the economy. You know that. Look, we can have a legitimate debate about whether or not we're going to have an individual mandate or not, but . . ."

Mr. Stephanopoulos: "But you reject that it's a tax increase?"

Mr. Obama: "I absolutely reject that notion."

If you can follow this reasoning, then you probably also think that a new entitlement is the best way to reduce entitlement spending. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the Senate's individual mandate will result in new revenues of some $20 billion over 10 years because some people will choose to opt out of ObamaCare—or because they can't afford to buy in, given that other taxes and regulation will make health care more expensive. If that $20 billion doesn't count as tax revenue, then what is it?

And for that matter, what doesn't count as a nontax under Mr. Obama's definition? All taxes can be justified in the name of providing some type of service, however wasteful. Mr. Obama complains that "My critics say everything is a tax increase," as if that is his political problem. His real problem is that the individual mandate really is a tax, but the President doesn't want voters to think of it that way, because taxes are unpopular.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204488304574425294029138738.html

2. So what part of the words fine or levy don't you get"?

3. Oh come now, this is beneath your ability........

I will go even further, I would wager that if this healthcare power grab is enacted, the ONLY way that this will pass constitutional muster is by using the term "tax", and that is what it is, and you know it.

4. Mercor

Mercor

Mr. Obama: "George, the fact that you looked up Merriam's Dictionary, the definition of tax increase, indicates to me that you're stretching a little bit right now. . . ."

Was this his "advice" in his speech to the school children last week?
    If the meaning doesn't fit , call them a liar.

Obama is a snake oil salesman.

5. Whats the point of challenging what its being called and not
    the reason behind the charge.

6. ALL politicians are hypocrites. They must dance on the head of a needle when it comes to truth v. lie.

Mr. Obama does not want the word "tax" used with regards as to how a government single payer option will be funded, because he campaigned on "no new taxes for those who earn less than $______ (fill in the current amount)"........

Mr. Obama is a smart man, I am sure he remembers Bush the Elder's "Read my lips...." remarks.

So yes, in this instance, words and their meanings make all the difference between simple truth and someone yelling "you lie".

7. If and when that aspect of a Health Care Bill becomes the law of the land, defying the law never entails tax but fines or levies.

8. Well, I guess we are headed back down memory lane then........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0

9. The kind of irrelevant debating tactic that Fox news uses.
    Insurance are nothing but middle men. Get them out of the way regardless of what you call it and bring my premiums down.
    Government can shuffle papers too. Realize Bill McGuire CEO of United Health Care got a 1.1 billion dollar golden parachute when he left under indictment for back dating checks. Insight into the kinds of people who are spending 1.8 million a day to win the hearts and minds of their would be minute men across America.

10. Stephanopoulos is just about the only media lib that I actually somewhat like.

#10     Sep 21, 2009