Obama In Tight Race In Ark. Primary

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 22, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

“We’ve had some small contributions, but the largest was, I think, maybe a hundred dollars,” says presidential candidate John Wolfe Jr., speaking to THE WEEKLY STANDARD. “I’m basically paying for this myself, dipping into my retirement account.”

With those retirement savings, Wolfe may be buying an upset against the president of the United States in today’s Democratic primary in Arkansas. He won’t beat Barack Obama outright—not even Wolfe says that’s likely.

But even a strong second place could be enough to embarrass Obama just weeks after a federal inmate in Texas won 40 percent of the Democratic primary vote in West Virginia. A recent poll of Democrats in one of Arkansas’s congressional districts showed Wolfe only seven points behind Obama, with signs indicating Wolfe was gaining ground on the president. Not bad for a campaign with little organization, no budget for TV and radio ads, and a completely unknown candidate.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/will-obama-get-upset-arkansas_645757.html

2. Is there another prison inmate stealing his thunder?

3. pspr

pspr

Just some guy dipping into his retirement account.

4. jem

jem

its funny he is dipping into his retirement account to stop obama from destroying his retirement account.

5. true dat

6. pspr

pspr

7. For those who aren't aware

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...clinches-democratic-nomination/1#.T7xZN1KVO9t

Apr 04, 2012

It's official: Obama clinches Democratic nomination

It's official: Barack Obama will be the Democratic Party's presidential nominee in 2012.

Of course, we always expected President Obama to be the nominee. But he still had to enter his name in Democratic primaries and caucuses in order to rack up the necessary convention delegates.

Last night, after virtually unopposed victories in Wisconsin, Maryland and the District of Columbia, Obama clinched a majority, CNN reported.

Quite a contrast to four years ago, when Obama won an epic primary battle over Hillary Rodham Clinton, now his secretary of State.

Also a contrast to the still-contested Republican nomination battle, which Obama has enjoyed from afar.

The president will formally accept the Democratic nomination Sept. 6 at the party convention in Charlotte, N.C.

8. What are so many democrats "aware" of in those states? Please tell us.

In Kentucky Obama only won 52 counties out of 120 in Kentucky with 99% reporting.

John Wolfe won 41.5% of the Democrat vote in Arkansas.

In Kentucky, Obama lost 66 counties to “uncommitted.”

Why are so many democrats in Arkansas and Kentucky not feeling so Hopey Changey?

They must be racists, or clingers of guns and religion!??

9. pspr

pspr

he he he he he. Obama has some serious problems.

A new quinipac poll today shows Romney ahead by 6% in Florida.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm surprised it's that small of a lead. Every friggen place I go around here people are pissed off. Bumper stickers, angry commentary in the damned gas station mart last Monday when I filled up (no, I did not participate), radio shows making fun of the President (country music stations - hah), folks here in the office...saw a defaced car in the Brandon mall parking lot - when I couldn't figure out why the windows had been smashed, my wife pointed out the "Obama/Biden 2008" sticker on the bumper.

People are just plain mad.

#10     May 23, 2012