Obama in Rude Denial

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Is that what they advocate at the Gentlemen's school of University of Virginia? Frankly ...I don't doubt it.

You should be quite proud of yourself Yannis. You are quite the superstar.

#41     Apr 2, 2010
  2. Hey, just saw your post. No I don't surf but I live within walking distance of the Power Plant at Carlsbad. South of the plant, just south of Palomar Airport road, across from the Hilton Garden Inn is a little area where people climb down to the beach, fly model planes and just watch the ocean. I go there everyday for about 30 mins.

Saw a golden eagle there one day perched on a shrubby tree. Actually you can see the tree at the very begining of the Video. Some tree hugger got right under the bird who was sitting on a branch at most 8 feet off the ground. Number one, I am surprise the bird let him get that close and number two, I suprised the eagle didnt' take his face off. Bird was probably 12lbs.

My x wife made this video with her cell phone. She didn't know it at the time but its the exact spot I go too everyday.

Come out and do some whittling.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLJRraPjEsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLJRraPjEsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#42     Apr 2, 2010
  3. Whittling is good for the soul. But that's almost all you can do with those 1-2 sets and that tide going out. Speaking of Eagles...two giant Bald ones feed in our water feature in our front yard every morning....plus California Hawks and Bears and Mountain Lions and Bobcats and Coyotes. Not to mention all of the other rodents which hang around to meet their timely deaths by the hand of my highly modified 10-22

Plus, I used to live on that beach with a blond honey who loved the boss back when Carlsbad was still a tiny surf town off the map.

#43     Apr 2, 2010
  4. Your honey knew jimmy hoffa? wow that is something.

#44     Apr 2, 2010
  5. Doc, where do you live? Sounds like a great place.

#45     Apr 2, 2010
  6. Lake Tahoe

#46     Apr 2, 2010
  7. I was going to guess that area. I have thought about moving to Reno myself.

#47     Apr 3, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I lived in Reno for a short time, back in the 60's. I remember great weather.

#48     Apr 3, 2010