Obama in Rude Denial

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 29, 2010.

1. ""Most of these people [in the Administration] have never had a real job in their lives. They don't understand a thing about business, and that includes the President," says a senior lobbyist for one of the companies that announced the charge. "My CEO sat with the President over lunch with two other CEOs, and each of them tried to explain to the President what this bill would do to our companies and the economy in general. First the President didn't understand what they were talking about. Then he basically told my boss he was lying. Frankly my boss was embarrassed for him; he clearly had not been briefed and didn't know what was in the bill." "

""We had memos on these issues, but none of our people, we think, looked at them," says a staffer. "When they saw the stories last week about the charges some of the companies were taking, they were genuinely surprised and assumed that the companies were just doing this to embarrass them. They really believed this bill would immediately lower costs. They just didn't understand what they were voting on." "

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/03/29/obama-in-rude-denial

2. The country is being run by children.

3. Amazing isn't it, how well things are running outside of government where the adults are.

4. Wallet

Wallet

It's truly unbelievable

5. Obama either is a moron or he is surrounded by morons. not sure which it is, maybe both.

6. another amusing little thread by the unamerican wingnut losers who live on this board.

As much as I think obama is a republican in disguise, I'm going to make damn sure he gets re-elected. Fading the unamerican wingnut homosexuals and pedophiles is the right thing to do.

7. The Obamacare/Tyranny bill was primarily about power, control, and money. "Health care" was the misdirect.. the smoke screen.

8. What a load of bullshit that article is. Banks bailed out by taxpayer money. Healthcare companies made out like bandits with this healthcare bill as they now get teenagers and young adults who don't use a lot of healthcare on the meter while at the same time they still have the anti-trust exemption in place to raise rates to wherever they want. Corporations have outsourced everything and anything without any regards to what happens to their former workers.

Where was AT&T and CAT and all companies before the bill was passed? This was planned as what's going to happen down the line; namely that these companies will altogether drop employer healthcare coverage and have now found a target to blame it on. You use to have corporate pensions in this country and now healthcare provided coverage from the employer will go the same way. But now, blame it on Obama and not on the companies themselves who don't want those extra expenses in the first place.

9. Lethn

Lethn

I don't give a fuck what arguments you lot have, children would run America better than any adult would, in fact, young people are part of the reason Ron Paul has been doing so well lately because he's been going to university campus' and talking to them instead of acting like an arrogant prick and patronizing them.

I always find it amazing that adults seem to think they have some god given right to tell people what to think and what to believe to young people who have already got their own fucking opinions and beliefs. I can guarantee that if they bothered to lower the voting age down to like 15 it would break the two party system within seconds but the fact is no one in our established western governments really wants a working Democracy because then they'd never get elected due to the amount of choice that would be there.

Makes me sad that I'm going to be officially an adult in a few months but thankfully the main thing that will happen is that I'll just become even more jaded and hateful towards government than I already am.

10. Is there anything else in that brain of yours, besides these asinine posts?

#10     Mar 29, 2010