OBAMA: If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Violent rhetoric on full display:

You know that Republicans will yell about the evils of partisanship whenever anyone tries to make a connection between the rhetoric of Beck, Limbaugh, etc. and the violence I fear we’re going to see in the months and years ahead. But violent acts are what happen when you create a climate of hate. And it’s long past time for the GOP’s leaders to take a stand against the hate-mongers.

–Paul Krugman, January 8, 2011.

A message to progressives: By all means, hang Senator Joe Lieberman in effigy. . . .

–Paul Krugman, December 17, 2009.

. . . today’s shooting was a reminder of what real political violence in this country could look like, and the awful recognition that it could’ve easily fit with comments made by trusted political figures should stop us cold. We’re lucky to live in a country where political violence is rare. We’re lucky that that doesn’t appear to have changed. But that may be dumb luck that we’re benefiting from. It is hard to look through those statements and believe that we’re doing enough to keep our political system peaceful.

–Ezra Klein, January 8, 2011.

To put this in context, Lieberman was invited to participate in the process that led to the Medicare buy-in. His opposition would have killed it before liberals invested in the idea. Instead, he skipped the meetingsand is forcing liberals to give up yet another compromise. Each time he does that, he increases the chances of the bill’s failure that much more. And if there’s a policy rationale here, it’s not apparent to me, or toothers who’ve interviewed him. At this point, Lieberman seems primarily motivated by torturing liberals. That is to say, he seems willing to cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in order to settle an old electoral score.

–Ezra Klein, December 14, 2009. (This post was properly called “venomous” by Klein’s colleague at the Post, Charles Lane.)

Back from spending the day playing in the snow with the kids in Tahoe. So right-wing rhetoric is still okay and appropriate?

–Markos Moulitsas, January 8, 2011.

. . . I feel nothing over the death of merceneries [sic]. They aren’t in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them.

–Markos Moulitsas, April 1, 2004 (commenting on the death of American contractors in Iraq).

“A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn’t safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here’s your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little b*stard. [audio of gun being cocked].” – A “humor bit” from the Randi Rhodes Show

“..And then there’s Rumsfeld who said of Iraq ‘We have our good days and our bad days.’ We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say ‘This is one of our bad days’ and pull the trigger.” – From a fundraising ad put out by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club

“…but the kind of people who would buy a car that increases the risk to other motorists in an accident can’t be reasoned with. They’re selfish and stupid. It’s unfortunate that drivers must worry that their SUVs are being targeted by insulting stickers and Molotov cocktails, but one thing’s for sure: It couldn’t be happening to a more deserving group of people.” – Ted Rall winks at ecoterrorism

“F*** God D*mned Joe the God D*mned Motherf*cking plumber! I want Motherf*cking Joe the plumber dead.” –Liberal talk show host Charles Karel Bouley on the air.

“Republicans don’t believe in the imagination, partly because so few of them have one, but mostly because it gets in the way of their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet. Human beings, who have imaginations, can see a recipe for disaster in the making; Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don’t give a hoot about human beings, either can’t or won’t. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm.” – The Village Voice’s Michael Feingold, in a theater review of all places

“I know how the ‘tea party’ people feel, the anger, venom and bile that many of them showed during the recent House vote on health-care reform. I know because I want to spit on them, take one of their ‘Obama Plan White Slavery’ signs and knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads.” – The Washington Post’s Courtland Milloy

My Congressman Eric Cantor, and you and your cupcake evil wife…” “Remember Eric…our judgment time, the final Yom Kippur has been given. You are a liar, you’re a Lucifer, you’re a pig, a greedy f***ing pig, you’re an abomination, you receive my bullets in…your office, remember they will be placed in your heads. You and your children are Lucifer’s abominations.” – Obama campaign contributor Norman Laboom

2. Served and delivered all in the name of saving Obama:

Mark Penn Says Obama Needs Another Oklahoma City Bombing To 'Click' With The Country

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjO6NFLLE04?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjO6NFLLE04?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. Hello

Hello

Lets not forget about the head of the teachers union in New Jersey sending out a memo praying for the death of Chris Christie, and not even being fired.

Joe Coppola New Jersey Teacher Union Head Prays for Chris Christie’s Demise
    April 13, 2010
    By Maggie No comments yet

A New Jersey teacher walked out on a conversation with New Jersey governor, Chris Christie…or the Governor “showed her the door.” What’s the truth? No one seems to know. A New Jersey teacher, Joe Coppola, who is the head of the Bergen County Teachers Union, circulated this pithy memo:

Chris Christie
    Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor.”

The story goes that Barbara Keshishian, the president of a state teacher’s union, asked to rendevouz with Christie to offer an apology on behalf of Coppola, and was apparently asked to fire him. She refused. A spokesman said Keshishian does not have the authority to fire Coppola.

4. Good find...I forgot all about this.