Obama: If There's Oil There You Can't Drill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Hmmmm..... Canada has a hell of a lot more oil than the States, in Canada they pay 1.3 per litre right now.

Roughly 4 litres in a gallon= 5.20/gallon in Canada.

Average cost in the states is 4.00/Gallon.

Thats 1.2$ higher in Canada (the country with all the oil)

Canada notoriously taxes the shit out of gas companies.

Seems like those lower tax rates are paying out in the form of a 20% lower price at the pump in the U.S.

If you want to tax the shit out of those evil oil and gas companies, be prepaid to pay the price for it at the pump, this btw will be a massive tax on the "poor" since it actually matters to them when they have to pay 100$ to fill up their car. Not to mention the fact that it will drive up the cost of food and everything else.

Looks like another failure on your part.

#11     Apr 25, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

please dont quote this fool - i moved him to ignore a long time ago and dont care to see his idiocy.

thank you for your kind attention in this matter :)

#12     Apr 25, 2011
  3. So that Canadians get screwed more that makes our getting screwed somehow palatable. How do you reconcile subsidizing
    big oil? You a shareholder?

#13     Apr 25, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

Nope. All im saying is be prepared to pay for it at the pump, if you get your way and we end up taxing the oil companies relentlessly.

I assume people like you will be screaming twice as hard if you get your way, and prices go through the roof. I think you guys seem to believe that they are just going to sit there and take it if the government decides to skim a few billion a year off the top from them.

#14     Apr 25, 2011
  5. Being a veteran of this board I know you know that both parties are in the grasp of corporate. Thats where all the money'
    flows to. It goes thru the hands of taxpayers then onto where it
    comes to rest, in the laps of corporate. Even entitlements get spent -- where? The terms taxpayer and government shouldn't be so interchangable. I trust the private sector less than both parties put together.

#15     Apr 25, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

good ole fool is off my radar now. :D

#16     Apr 25, 2011
  7. Then open up your wallet and prepare to pay!

I can't think of a better way to make the rich pay their fair share than $5.00 gas!!

Let's hope it goes to $7 so they really get soaked!

#17     Apr 25, 2011
  8. Hello

Hello

LOL, that will show those greedy bastards!!! Many of them will go bankrupt when they can no longer afford to pay 200$ for a tank of gas on their 350k ferarri.

:D

#18     Apr 25, 2011
  9. http://www-static.shell.com/static/usa/downloads/2010/alaska/release_020311.pdf

Shell announced today it will forgo a 2011 drilling program in
    Alaska and will use the remainder of the calendar year to work with regulators to obtain the permits needed
    for a 2012 exploratory drilling campaign.
    “The recent remand of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) air permits was the final driver behind the
    decision to stop continued investment towards a 2011 drilling program,” said Pete Slaiby, Vice President, Shell
    Alaska. “Shell has worked for over five years and invested more than $50 million pursuing air permits for our
    drilling rig. We have made voluntary capital improvements and applied air emissions technology to our entire
    program, resulting in no material impact on the Arctic air shed and no practical impact on North Slope residents
    from air emissions.”
    Shell intends to work closely with the Administration and the EPA to identify an improved process for delivering air
    permits for 2012.
    “Shell has dedicated significant time and resources to commencing a world-class, environmentally responsible
    exploration program for Alaska, and the loss of another drilling season is extremely disappointing,” continued Slaiby.
    “Of the more than $3 billion investment from Shell since 2005, a significant portion has been dedicated to
    assembling an Arctic-class oil spill response fleet and first-of-its-kind baseline science,” he said.
    “The Department of Interior’s recent commitment to apply a ‘cautious approach’ to Arctic exploration gives us
    reason to have confidence in a 2012 drilling program,” said Slaiby. “We remain committed to stakeholder
    engagement and already have plans to make more visits to North Slope and Northwest Arctic villages this month.”
    Successfully exploring offshore Alaska may lead to tens-of-thousands of American jobs. It also offers the potential
    for new domestic supplies of energy and to extend the life of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline for decades to come.

Fox News can't be trusted.

pspr suck my cock.

#19     Apr 25, 2011
  10. Hello

Hello

What part of the equation do you not understand? Fox news matches up perfectly in terms of the time. Can you read?

#20     Apr 25, 2011