Obama: 'I was born in Hawaii. I can't change those facts.'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Mar 10, 2011.

1. "We didn't just rescue the economy we put it on the strongest footing for the future," Obama said. "And along the way we saved the auto industry and a few other things."

Obama noted that when he took office, "this country was going through as tough a time economically, as tough a time financially, as any period since the 1930s." As a result, he said, his administration "had to make a series of quick decisions, and often times unpopular decisions."

While calling for less fighting between Republicans and Democrats, President Obama also sent a message last night to critics -- the so-called birthers -- who say he was not born in the United State (and is therefore ineligible for the presidency).

"I was born in Hawaii, what can I say?" Obama told Democratic donors in Boston. "I can't change those facts."

Obama spoke as a state senator in New Hampshire proposes a bill that would require candidates in party presidential primaries to provide birth certificates and affidavits swearing they are at least 35 years old and have lived in the United States for 14 years.

As Obama and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee raised $1 million at the event, Obama also trotted out a theme that we'll likely hear throughout the 2012 presidential campaign.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...s-born-in-hawaii--i-cant-change-those-facts/1

2. Police arrest 16 in twisted gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Texas

The girl, told police at least 20 people attacked her last Thanksgiving. The vicious assult was caught on camera and video, authorities said.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216718

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

bearice, can you stop spamming this stuff in economics?

4. Seriously. Wow another bearice special. I can't believe you have the time to worry about this garbage. Bearice, you are the wierdest fucking guy to post on here.

5. I think nobody wanted to be USA president in year 2008 because all the USA presidential candidates knew they would be jumping into a raging fire (USA) if they get elected as USA president. So they pushed Obama in front.

I think now nobody is interested in getting elected as next USA president in 2012, thanks to Obama.

6. The first 2 paragraphs in Post #1 is 100% economics and I am highly suprised to read them. This information will directly influence/affect/change world economy.

7. This information has nothing to do with economics and should be in P&R. Arguably, you could make a case that ANY piece of information will effect the econonmy. That doesn't mean it belongs in the economics forum.

8. The "subject title" of the thread will affect the world economy in coming days. Think carefully.

Every piece of information ultimately effects the world economy. Think carefully.

9. #10     Mar 10, 2011