Obama Hope For Re-Election In 2012 Fading Away

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I follow your logic now. I don't like it. The thought of a still growing commodities speculation bubble distresses me. On the one hand, seeing that the "crisis of capitalism" is real is somewhat satisfying to my Marxist sensibilities. On the other hand, imagining more food riots to come, that [current] economic growth in the US is illusory, that tax cuts aren't going to work, etc., destoys that ideological satisfaction--people, regular people, are going to suffer still more.

To get up in the morning I have to proceed as if we can reverse our economic slide downhill.

#21     Nov 3, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i think we all continue to do that. i fear the day its not so and everyone realizes it at once.

this is why i am so angry at obama (and the rest of the dems) in the first place. it is the root of my discontent. obama tricked everyone (including me, i might add) into believing that he was going to change all the games. he promised to step in front of wall street and put a stop to it. yet he appointed summers, geithner, bernanke all the same schmucks that did us in again. he didnt follow rahm's quote of "never let a good crisis go to waste". he could have used the greatest collapse since the great depression to pass sweeping changes. but he fell flat on his face and ended up being just the same as everyone else. worse in some regards.

i voted for him, i swear it. i wont ever make that mistake again.

not saying the gop will be any better. but the only option we have is to vote out those who fail and vote in those who promise. that's the system we get.

#22     Nov 3, 2010
  3. Can't shake your upbringing, can you?

And what's it to you? YOU'RE CANADIAN.

#23     Nov 3, 2010