Obama (Hitler) Youth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I'll get #2 out of the way, lol. McCain or Obama's TRUE intentions via foreign policy are an unknown. McCain merely seized on an issue that he felt would play to hawks worried about Obama's perceived softness. In my view a bad strat. I'm worried about both candidates being war mongers but I worry MORE about Obama. IMO he over plays the "I'll show 'em I'm a military leader" card just like LBJ did and we get into a real humdinger in Pakistan.

I agree that insurance is profit motivated and as such adversarial to universal, zero sum coverage. For guys like you and me-a good portion of America-legislation that insures our continued insurability is all that we need. We'll continue to pay a relative arm and a leg but compared to higher taxes ect. for most us it's a wash. I don't bemoan my coverage or it's cost. I only worry like you about it's continued dependability. Middle America needs to accept premiums as perma high expense. It is what it is. There's no cheap care provider in the sky.

For the rest of America the question is less about insurance but rather about actual health services. The ghetto mom doesn't need an insurance policy for her daughter she needs a free place for her daughter to get well. The Federal government should dismantle the war machine for a few weeks and POUR money into public County hospitals. We need to get services out to the needy, let's remove the pretense-it's a give-away-I'm fine with that. Jeez I'm a free market guy but when I start chintzing about helping a poor person get a life saving operation is the day I should check out this world. This is one of the few times I'll say pay our fair share to help our brother men.

We need to know the cost and deal with it. As I'm trying to ramble/say it need not be utter reinvention of the wheel.

#61     Oct 7, 2008