Obama (Hitler) Youth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

1)Well fuck you too, 805 times. And the last time I checked HUSSEIN IS Obama's middle name.

2)Me too

3)That's good because under Obama you WILL be paying more. Personally I'd rather just spend a lot less less.
    A concept the Obamanation has no concept of.

4) No

5)An arrogant, condescending presumption on your part. I haven't held a bible in my hand in decades. If hell in fact does exists, that's where I'm headed. But that's OK,
    I've earned it.

#41     Oct 4, 2008
  2. Well stated.

The democrats trying to avoid responsibility for FNM and FRE blowups would be like Bush blaming democrats for the Iraq war.

#42     Oct 4, 2008
  3. This thread recognizes that Obama is exceedingly charismatic, articulate, bright and has a 'cult of personality.'

At times of economic and geopolitical peril, such political figures accumulate power at a rapid and unstoppable pace.

You will all be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

#43     Oct 4, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then by my calculations you should be able to pay off the US national debt all by your lonesome. And according to your buddy Biden, it IS your patriotic duty.

Soooo, will that be cash or check?

#44     Oct 5, 2008
  5. Look, rather than throwing shit at the other point of view, lets try to talk this out.

I have nothing against your views, my hostility in this thread is aimed at Pabst and you stepped in the way.
    When I pointed out McCain's healthcare deregulation and poor foreign policy approach, and the fact that Bush has been president for the last 8 years of disaster after disaster, you came back and blamed the democrats and threw in some stupid personal insults that had no relevance to which I came back with some stupid personal insults that were irrelevant as well.

Lets cut the crap:
    1. Do you or do you not believe health deregulation as proposed by McCain will work? If so, give me facts. I pay for my family's health care on my own - about 6k per year, so tell me something I'm not understanding.

2. Foreign Policy. Do you honestly think that playing the "ignore the other guy until he gives in" policy McCain/Bush supports is going to be effective? Seriously, this is something 1st graders do - the "silent treatment".

Let's start there - a please, do yourself a favor and stick to the topic, no need for calling Obama voters "stupid fucks" etc etc... or calling me some liberal loving democrat - which I'm not.

#46     Oct 6, 2008
  6. Pabst is always pumped when some stupid, leftest Democrat fuck takes aim. Kidding. :D

Mike, I'm woefully ignorant about health care issues. From what I've seen of McCain's plan (the little I understand of it) I'm not real supportive. Like I say though it's not a strong area of mine to comment on much less debate. I do know this. Costs are greater than what many folks can afford. I'm in the same boat. I'm paying 5k just for me and I'm still in my 40's with no medical history. OTOH, I think the cost of insurance is too cheap. I honestly don't know how an insurer can take me at 5k a year KNOWING that I'm going to ding them for a quarter mil (or more) someday.

Irregardless if it's Uncle Sam or Blue Cross underwriting it, Americans seek to consume more health than they want to pay for. Taxes or traditional premiums still have to equal (or some semblance of) zero sum. One reason I'm HAPPY about asset devaluation is it's a wake-up call. Perhaps your insurance premium should be MORE than your mortgage! As a society we've OVER valued assets and UNDER valued necessities. I've often wondered why Congress can't get together with the "big insurers" and work out some sort of free market solution where folks in need get some sort of bare bones coverage paid for the government. Like 1000% of stuff though this would be better administered by the States with Congress setting some national guidelines. Tort reform would help too. MD's are paying too much for their own insurance and those costs are being passed right on down to patients.

From the little I know of National Health in Canada and the U.K. the notion of a quasi-socialized program is doomed in the U.S. Those countries-and I don't say this to be racist-have a healthier demographic and even they are strapped by run away costs, rationing and high levels of dissatisfaction. Florida is full of ex-pat Canadian doctors. Until someone adds it all up-what are our present costs, our "getting grayer" costs, premiums paid privately, Medicare obligations ect. I think it's unworkable on a scale of 300,000,000 people.

On your second point I'm not sure what you're referring to? Iran?

#47     Oct 6, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) Actually I think what I blamed democrats for was their role in the current mortgage/banking crisis with a video that clearly and indisputably shows the democrats culpability. And THEIR refusal to enact more stringent oversight that was being requested by the republicans at the time. A video that to my knowledge you have yet to acknowledge or comment on. As far as "disaster after disaster" of the last eight years. People lose credibility with me when they act as if Bush is responsible for literally everything.
    Foreign policy for example. Is Joe Biden not the chairman of the foreign relations committee or something similar? How come he bears no responsibility? How come congress bears no responsibility? The president can't even sign legislation into law until AFTER congress sends it to him.

2)Honestly I'm not sure, and it would depend on the nature and the extent of deregulation. A concept I am generally in favor of though, if only because the feds fuck up virtually everything they're involved with.
    The current housing mess for example. If the feds hadn't dictated lower/nonexistent lending requirements and simply let the lending institutions set them. Would we be where we are now? No federal regulation required.

Health care deregulation? As far as I'm concerned for the most part the feds shouldn't be involved in the first place.
    Like education, it should be handled at the state level. I'm no constitutional scholar but I'm inclined to believe that we the people are not guaranteed the right to health care or cheap home loans.
    If you're voting Obama to save 6K a year in premiums. By the time the feds get done they'll spend 10 times as much to achieve the same thing.

3)Iran?
    To be honest I'm a "B-52 diplomacy" kinda guy. If a thug walks up and sticks a knife to my throat, I'm not going to hold his hand while he cuts open my jugular. The leader of Iran is NOT a diplomat. He's a fanatic terrorist.
    He understands NOTHING but violence.
    You wanna go swap spit with'em? Only harm I see is that to HIM, not necesarily the rest of the world, it makes us look weak.

And just in case any of this is designed to make me reconsider my voting choice, you're too late.
    I voted an early ballot last week.

#48     Oct 6, 2008
  8. Lucrum...

Who is the leader of Iran?

#49     Oct 6, 2008
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is that a trick question?

#50     Oct 6, 2008