Obama Has Secret Meeting With Liberal Press

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 12, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

I think it is very improper for a President to be conducting secret meetings with certain members of the press. It just isn't right.
    ----

The White House held a background briefing Friday to discuss Obamacare implementation with a handful of journalists from liberal and progressive outlets.

Slate blogger Matthew Yglesias posted a photograph to Instagram Friday featuring himself and other liberal journalists at the White House, with the caption “#thistown.”

Yglesias’ photograph features American Prospect staff writer Jamelle Bouie and MSNBC’s Benjy Sarlin attending the briefing.

Yglesias, who publicly cheered the death of conservative activist Andrew Breitbart, is known as a member of a tight-knit circle of progressive bloggers that includes Washington Post blogger Ezra Klein and low-rated MSNBC host Chris Hayes.

Klein and Hayes garnered conservative criticism in 2011 for attending an off-the-record White House briefing at which Obama disclosed his strategy on the temporary payroll tax holiday. Klein also set off a round of controversy in November 2011 for briefing Senate Democratic staffers on the super committee.

BuzzFeed reporter Evan McMorris-Santoro first tweeted about the meeting Friday afternoon. Yglesias did not respond via email to a request for comment. The White House also did not respond to a request for comment.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/12/w...e-background-briefing-with-liberal-reporters/

2. JamesL

JamesL

[​IMG]

3. pspr

pspr

I'm sure IQ-47 would be chomping at the bit to defend Ovomit if he were still here. But, we have finally seen that little turd go round and down the toilet bowl. :D

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

What a sad, factual illustration that is. I'll send that to some Friends via e-mail. Thanks for the post.

5. LEAPup

LEAPup

I wonder why he didn't join some communist-minded board to begin with vs a trading board where trading is (for now), capitalistic.:confused: His posts were mind-bending to common sense.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ricter quotes Yglesias a lot.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I thought he promised transparency if elected.

8. I presume your sanctimonious opinion refers to presidential members of both parties?

Or was it ok for Bush and other republican presidents to do it, which has been well documented?

Edit: I shouldn't have had to ask since you have already given your stance on the matter, but I think it would help your viewers understand the entire spectrum of the problem if you were to point out that nearly all of the presidents in at least the last half century have held such closed door meetings.

At least W. Bush was smart enough to try to keep it to one or two reporters at a time.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/...lding-Off-The-Record-Meetings-With-Reporters#

9. pspr

pspr

Sanctimonious my ass, Hoofy.

I don't think Obama, Bush, Clinton or any president should be meeting with selected reporters in private meetings.

10. No?

Your denial tells me you view your sanctimony as a bad thing...

:confused:

#10     Jul 13, 2013