Obama got another one

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 6, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

but the americans won...Only fools think there is some sort of honor code in war.

Drone warfare deserves great accolades, the idea that you get the other guy without putting yourself in harms way. It's smart, it's better, and it's just the next advancement anyway.

I tell you what, I bet we could arrange to drop you in with a sword, then you can feel better about things.

#21     May 6, 2012
  2. where do you get information? I don't much want to go there. The US intelligence services very muchly wanted to get OBL in the '90's. Weird assed ideas from the leftist brains of the Clinton admin made up rules that the FBI and CIA were not allowed to talk to each other. Yemen tried to GIVE OBL to the US and the WH's response was "we don't have a way to take him" or something equally ridiculous.. Clinton's policy was to do a news blackout on the words "terror" and "terrorist" and make up fantastic coverups when planes got shot out of the sky... he kicked the can down the road with regard to the terrorist issues... I think we're kicking the can down the road with regard to Iran's nuclear thingy, the astounding amount of debt of the US public sector, the collapsing economy, all of it..

#22     May 7, 2012

3. Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US

Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US was the President's Daily Brief prepared by the Central Intelligence Agency and given to U.S. President George W. Bush on August 6, 2001. The brief warned of terrorism threats from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda 36 days before the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Some arguments have focused on clear warnings in this letter, specifically that:

the title was Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US

a large attack was planned

the attack would be on United States soil

target cities of attacks included New York City and Washington, D.C.

the World Trade Center bombing was explicitly mentioned

hijacked plane missions were anticipated

people living in, or traveling to, the United States were involved

recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York was witnessed."

#23     May 7, 2012
  4. Wallet

Wallet

All of that was known under the Clinton administration.

As to the title of the thread, wouldn't it be nice to acknowledge the actual men and women in the military who are responsible, but that's why this will backfire for Obama, he's trying to politicize something that he shouldn't. His involvement is trivial.

#24     May 7, 2012
  5. A part of what Ricter meant is that we should not kill civilians in ally countries by remote control and try to justify it by calling then terrorists , while at the same time sitting on some high pedestal waving the bible and preaching about human rights and democracy.

#25     May 7, 2012
  6. Really? That surprises me. You really think we should be marching in straight lines at each other? You should send that memo to the other side, cause I'd be willing to bet our troops would be more than happy to engage them or anyone else on the open field, full frontal assualt. Well, maybe not the Chinese.
    It's just hi-tech warfare we're using. What's cowardly is capturing and beheading non-combatants like journalists and Red Cross workers.

#26     May 7, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I didn't mean to imply that I think only drone warfare is cowardly.

#27     May 7, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

I don't think the point is to display machismo. It's to destroy a lethal enemy at minimal personal cost, as measured in time, money and, most importantly, blood. As long as the targets are properly vetted, drone on.

#28     May 7, 2012
  9. Lol! The US Military is now the great and spending on it is even better.

#29     May 7, 2012
  10. No,that was the most specific memo to Bush about upcoming attacks 36 days before 9-11

#30     May 7, 2012