Obama Gives Shout Out to 'Congressional Medal of Honor Winner' Who Isn't

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cstfx, Nov 6, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

The Washington Post this afternoon reported "President Obama delivers remarks on Ft. Hood shooting at end of tribal leaders conference." The transcript begins:

SPEAKER: PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

OBAMA: Please, everybody, have a seat. Let me first of all just thank Ken and the entire Department of the Interior staff for organizing just an extraordinary conference.

I want to thank my Cabinet members and senior administration officials who participated today. I hear that Dr. Joe Medicine Crow (ph) was around, and so I want to give a shout out to that Congressional Medal of Honor winner. It's good to see you.

Ah, the dangers of giving shout outs without a teleprompter. Crow is not a Medal of Honor recipient. As noted by the Congressional Medal of Honor Society:

The Medal of Honor is the highest award for valor in action against an enemy force which can be bestowed upon an individual serving in the Armed Services of the United States. Generally presented to its recipient by the President of the United States of America in the name of Congress, it is often called the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Crow's name is not included on the Society's Medal of Honor recipient list. He was, however, awarded the Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, in August.

Obama, often described as "cerebral" by the mainstream media, should know the difference between the Medal of Honor and the Medal of Freedom, especially since he personally awarded the latter to Crow. Don't expect his blunder to receive wide coverage. It's not something he can blame George Bush for.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-b...out-congressional-medal-honor-winner-who-isnt

2. dsq

dsq

yeah its good he isnt anal on minutae like awards...he was president of harvard law review,has a harvard law degree,worked for poorer disadvantaged people...Not looking to start any more wars.Working on getting this country out of the ditch we were dumped into.Im glad he s wasting his time trying to defuse the 'enemy' not start expensive wars with them so he can pass out fancy awards to people who got snuffed needlessly by people who cannot and never will be able to take over this country or take away our 'freedom' by any stretch of a deluded right wingnut imagination.

3. 4XQs

4XQs

Wow, big deal! Alert Fox News, they'll run this for a week. Noone else will care because everyone makes mistakes like this - even the president, he's just human.

4. cstfx

cstfx

So what you're saying is that it shouldn't get a 2+ week mention on the Daily Show like the "decider" faux pas got? He's just an idiot w/o his teleprompter.

5. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThEAO0lt4Dw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThEAO0lt4Dw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. Wallet

Wallet

I hear and read this all the time, his accolades from college..... is there some site or reference point that supports these claims, because the last I heard, all of his college records, transcripts and such were sealed from public view.

7. dsq

dsq

yeah,rumor has it he wasnt even born in the usa...Hell,hawaii aint isnt part of da usa is it??Got any more wacktard theories?Go read some newsmax,worldnet,faux news garbage.Later...

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

How can you tell? Take away his teleprompter and he sounds like a brain dead buffoon.

9. dsq

dsq

who s the buffoon?you are challenging a harvard law grad on their literacy...come on the guy can eat,chew and spit you out in any debate.This teleprompter accusation is bizarre gop stuff since i hardly ever see one if at all.Do you also think he wasnt born in the usa?Anyways who cares...the guys got more brains than any kkk guy like yourself and nutmeg.

10. cstfx

cstfx

To channel John McEnroe, "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jiow64UjuQQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jiow64UjuQQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thank God he had 2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of your argument.

In his defense, EVERYBODY relies on the teleprompter from time to time.

But maybe some rely on it a little too much, which brings us to...

Interesting teleprompter anecdote:

Obama Thanks Hinself in Teleprompter Screw-up

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5931422.ece

Irish PM Brian Cowen left red-faced after delivering Obama speech at White House

Brian Cowen's critics might say that they've heard all of his speeches before. Last night, they would have been right.

As the Irish Taoiseach delivered his St Patrick's Day speech at a White House dinner party, it emerged that he was accidentally reading off the teleprompter one made by President Obama only minutes earlier.

"We begin by welcoming today a strong friend of the United States," he began and continued in that vein for about 20 seconds before - realising he was experiencing more than the usual case of déjà vu - he looked back at the US President and said: "That's your speech!"

Gesturing at the teleprompter, he said: "Why don't these things work for me? Who said these things were idiot-proof?"

Mr Obama is becoming known as the 'teleprompter president' for his excessive use of the prompting screens, which retract when speeches are finished.

Although used for more than half a century, the device was previously employed mainly for set-piece speeches. The current President, however, often uses them for making small introductory statements at the beginning of press conferences.

On this occasion, as a laughing Mr Obama returned to the podium, the script was belatedly switched over to the Taoiseach's text – leaving Mr Obama inadvertently thanking himself for inviting everyone, to further laughter. "First, I'd like to say thank you to President Obama!" the President said.

Bizarre you say? Master debater?

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, you dolt.

#10     Nov 7, 2009