Obama: Fraud-In-Chief?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom B, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Tom B

Tom B

Obama calls on HuffPost for Iran question UPDATE

In what appeared to be a coordinated exchange, President Obama called on the Huffington Post's Nico Pitney near the start of his press conference and requested a question directly about Iran.

“Nico, I know you and all across the Internet, we've been seeing a lot of reports coming out of Iran,” Obama said, addressing Pitney. “I know there may actually be questions from people in Iran who are communicating through the Internet. Do you have a question?”

Pitney, as if ignoring what Obama had just said, said: “I wanted to use this opportunity to ask you a question directly from an Iranian.”

He then noted that the site had solicited questions from people in the country “who were still courageous enough to be communicating online.”

“Under which conditions would you accept the election of Ahmadinejad, and if you do accept it without any significant changes in the conditions there, isn't that a betrayal of the — of what the demonstrators there are working towards?”

Reporters typically don’t coordinate their questions for the president before press conferences, so it seemed odd that Obama might have an idea what the question would be. Also, it was a departure from White House protocol by calling on The Huffington Post second, in between the AP and Reuters.

CBS Radio's Mark Knoller, a veteran White House correspondent, said over Twitter it was "very unusual that Obama called on Huffington Post second, appearing to know the issue the reporter would ask about."

According to POLITICO's Carol Lee, The Huffington Post reporter was brought out of lower press by deputy press secretary Josh Earnest and placed just inside the barricade for reporters a few minutes before the start of the press conference.

(This post was rewritten shortly after the exchange and updated in the text. Initially, I wrote the exchange was "clearly coordinated," but have since put the question to a Huffington Post spokesperson and the White House for more elaboration).

UPDATE: Deputy press secretary Bill Burton responds: "We did reach out to him prior to press conference to tell him that we had been paying attention to what he had been doing on Iran and there was a chance that he’d be called on. And, he ended up asking the toughest question that the President took on Iran. In the absence of an Iranian press corps in Washington, it was an innovative way to get a question directly from an Iranian."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0609/Obama_calls_on_HuffPost_for_Iran_question.html

2. I think your obsession with Obama is bordering on the pathological.

3. Tom B

Tom B

I think your obsession with me is bordering on the pathological.

4. I didn't know this was your thread when I saw the link in P&R, although I figured it was one of the usual suspects (of which you are one). And, big surprise, it's yours. I think your obsession with Obama borders on the pathological. Seek help.

5. Cesko

Cesko

A man-child is running this country. This is NOT a leader, but a puppet afraid to answer tough questions. As a take from Michelle Obama...for the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed of my country.

Not my words but that's exactly how I feel.
    Saw just few seconds of a press conference until Idiot-in-chief looked down to his notes to see who was scheduled next for the question.
    This guy is a true clown.
    Pathetic, embarrassing.

I love your objectivity T-dog. Now go call Palin stupid.

6. Why is Huffington Post even allowed at presidental press conferences?

7. Obama Zombies:

Landis82

Thunderdog

Who else?

8. And, no doubt, Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter told you to feel it.

9. Why is FOX NEWS even allowed at presidential press conferences?

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I agree.

#10     Jun 23, 2009