Obama forces a General to change his Congressional Testimony

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Sep 15, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Uhoh.

More trouble for Obama. Is a pattern emerging?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...e-pressure-general-shelton-to-help-donor.html

Evidently Obama exerted force to make a USAF General change his testimony to congress regarding an Obama campaign donor.

Isn't that illegal?

I've got 10-bucks that says this schmuck is facing impeachment hearings by Spring 2012. Thats 10 crisp new US dollars or a pack of Juicyfruit, whichever is more valuable. :D

2. I doubt you have 10 bucks but good luck waiting on that impeachment

3. Max E.

Max E.

Maybe he can borrow the 10 bucks from Obamas campaign fund since he saved a trillion dollars for this election.

4. If Congress isn't going to impeach him over Libya, I'm afraid our only hope is if he has improper relations with an intern.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't know, Clinton survived that scenario with little trouble.

For there to be real trouble there must be money or influence peddling involved. Obama seems to be dabbling in both.

6. True, Clinton survived the impeachment proceedings...but it completely defanged the rest of his presidency, making him a lame duck. I'd settle for that at this point...at least he couldn't do any more damage.

7. pspr

pspr

Obama has been rewarding donors with favors going way back to his days in Chicago. It should be illegal but to some degree every politician does it. I think Obama has taken it to a new level and in many areas is in violation of the law. Does this fall under the definition of "....treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors?” We'll see.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Almost certainly, to me the question is does the Senate have the balls to do their fucking job in this regard? Personally I doubt.

9. You're forgetting that everyone's not on welfare like you.

10. pspr

pspr

Boehner and Cantor know that even if they Impeach Obama that the Senate won't prosecute unless the crimes are really severe. You saw how they let Clinton off.

#10     Sep 15, 2011