Obama for President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by toc, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Fellow traders...

It is NOT the President that we should focus on, it is the CONGRESS... aka THE LAW MAKERS!!

Those are the bastards that screw us year after year passing laws the benefit the few at the expense of the many. Tax laws, laws restricting your freedom, laws giving your money away outside our borders, etc...

AMERICA IS NO LONGER A FREE COUNTRY!

July 4 is a joke. You can't even buy fireworks legally in some states!! Where's the freedom? You can buy fireworks in Mexico. And before you start with that AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT CRAP, I say AMERICA, LOVE IT ENOUGH TO MAKE IT BETTER!! That's what the law makers are supposed to be doing in the first place, right?

Where do these people come from that we elect as law makers?

They usually come from the State Senates.

And where do they come from?

Usually, county commissioners and the like.

I have seen it first hand how a corrupt, evil bastard, local good old boy, gets elected and moves up the ranks gaining power and handing out favors to fellow good old boys.

Remember, Gotti? THE LOCALS LOVED HIM!! Oh yeah, he whacked a couple of guys. But they had it coming, right?

How politics works is via an appeal to the heart. The people of America, at least most of them, are asleep at the wheel. So we get Bush for president. Read THE 48 LAWS OF POWER by Robert Greene if you no longer want to be duped.

Now, as far as, Obama is concerned. Elected or not, he can't really do anything so long as the EVIL BASTARDS that are in Congress remain there... IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

We need fresh blood, as much as we can get. But until the Joe Lunch Boxes of America turn off the TV, get up off the sofa, put the beer can down and get involved things will not change.

If you ever really want to see how screwed up things are then go to your local county budget hearing or any public meeting. Chances are you will be the only person there. And then you can see GOVERNMENT INACTION. I meant INACTION rather than in action - not a typo!! You will be amazed at the incompetence and stupidity of these people. But guess what, YOU PUT THEM IN OFFICE by either voting for them or by not voting at all.

And don't get me started on the courtrooms... BIZARRO WORLD. Screw the law, it is the judge's courtroom and the judge is GOD! And some judges get elected... YOUR FAULT AGAIN.

FIRST, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MESS YOU ARE IN! Quit blaming others. NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING... PERIOD. EARN YOUR OWN WAY THROUGH LIFE.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MESS AMERICA IS IN!

WAKE UP AMERICA AND SMELL THE HYPOCRISY!

#51     Oct 25, 2006
  2. Let me ask you... Do <b>you</b> trust the judgment of the American people? Of course you don't! Who the hell would be dumb enough to do <i>that</i>?

Obama's above mentioned quote therefore makes him either a fool or a typical lying politician. My money's on the latter option.

#52     Oct 25, 2006
  3. "I'm not sure anyone is ready to be president before they're president," Obama said. "I trust the judgment of the American people."

What would YOU expect ANY POLITICIAN to say.. that they DON'T trust the judgement of the American people?

THAT WOULD BE POLITICAL SUICIDE!

Obama is just playing the game of politics.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

#53     Oct 25, 2006
  4. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6tJ_ayFZto"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6tJ_ayFZto" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#54     Oct 25, 2006
  5. Man what an arrogant cynical statement. Using that line of reasoning we shouldn't trust anyone, including anything you say.

#55     Oct 25, 2006
  6. INTERNET GOVERNMENT

All people do is input their desires...

Then sift...

Then serve....

Enjoy !!!!!

#56     Oct 25, 2006
  7. Ivanovich, thanks for posting that Walken bit. :)

#57     Oct 25, 2006
  8. Right, and that proves my point.

The American people are unwilling to elect honest people.
    Therefore they shouldn't be trusted, along with the politicians they're willing to elect.

It's a vicious circle...

#58     Oct 25, 2006
  9. ultranet

ultranet

Presidents of USA.......
    lets see whats future holds

#59     Oct 26, 2006
  10. toc

toc

'The American people are unwilling to elect honest people.
    Therefore they shouldn't be trusted, along with the politicians they're willing to elect.'

The problem is honest, hardworking, self made, intelligent people do not run for political offices.................there is little money in politics, other than post-white house lecture curcuit or under the table corruption. Both long and far shots.

#60     Oct 26, 2006