Obama for President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by toc, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Many Americans would not vote for 'Obama', thinking 'Osama' (bin Laden) somehow got on to the ballot...

#31     Oct 23, 2006
  2. Siwash

Siwash

What an incredibly ignorant comment..check the calendar bud it's 2006.

#32     Oct 23, 2006
  3. Or one could argue that given the extraordinary ignorance of some voters that Tamaharbor's comment is "right-on."

#33     Oct 23, 2006
  4. Obama would probably carry the deep south. Those necks would see Obama on the ballot and think is was an ode to the Crimson Tide...

'Roll Tide'

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=roll+tide

#34     Oct 23, 2006
  5. jem

jem

I was wondering when someone would be offended by the otay statement. it was sort of clever in a non pc insensitive prejudiced manner.

Now I was about to say what choice do the democrats have - they have no leadership to point to because they have not been leading on any issues - all they do is crap on Republican policies when they get in front of he media.

But the sad thing is the republicans have no leadership on the important issues anymoe either. They do look like a bunch of guys worn out in d.c. too use to governing ineffectively because their oppostion are mindless idiots lacking in leadership --- who cave to radical special interest groups instead of leading a nation.

We have a leadership vacuum.

#35     Oct 23, 2006
  6. Arnie

Arnie

Obama is just a dressed up liberal, but you'll never hear the press say the "L" word in describing him.

And reagrding the posts about Kennedy and Reagan, it was Kennedy that nearly got us into a nuclear exchange with the Soviets. They knew well enough not to F%$# with Reagan. :D

#36     Oct 23, 2006
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

Wrong. Obama is just a dressed-up political hack masquerading as The New Kid On The Block. He's already made some major anti-liberal missteps for anybody actually paying attention (I guess that limits the observers to progressives :p).

What I resent is the whores in the so-called "liberal" media trying so desperately to create news rather than simply report it that they want to just leapfrog this year's elections and get us all worked up about 2008 with bogus candidates.

Regarding Kennedy, he got us out of a nuclear exchange by calling the USSR's bluff. At their strongest point in history, They Backed Down. Reagan got them after they'd already been worked over by a collapsing economy and the Afghani resistance.

Not that I really expect a reichtard to actually give credit where credit is due.

#37     Oct 23, 2006
  8. Arnie

Arnie

You need to re-read your history. The REASON the Soviets tried to put nukes in Cuba in the first place was because of the Bay of Pigs fiacso, which was Kennedy's doing. If he hadn't choked then, its doubtful the Soviets would ever have tried.

#38     Oct 23, 2006
  9. Not a chance in hell, for all the obvious reasons. Maybe 2020 if he hangs around that long. Demographics will then favor a minority/female candidate. Until then, the white guys rule, like it or not.

#39     Oct 23, 2006
  10. toc

toc

Black or multi-tag makes little difference, the MAIN POINT is US should not do anymore leadership experiments for the next 8 years atleast.

Leadership Vaccum??????? 2-3 term Experienced Governors from anyone of the 50 states would do a better job than any 'new kid on the block' or celebrity type representation.

#40     Oct 23, 2006