Obama for President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by toc, Oct 23, 2006.

1. mtwokay

mtwokay

Why does this thread even exist?

The MSM has decided obama speaks well and looks good, nothing more.

The party of self destruction continues its freefall starting with Gore, Kerry, and now Hillary or Obama.

This actually reminds me of learning how to trade. Blow out several accounts and beat yourself over the head with a 2x4 and you finally realize you’re doing something wrong. The dem party must make platform changes and attract credible candidates otherwise the country gets what it deserves.

#21     Oct 23, 2006
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

And before that, a radio annoucer and actor. So you could ask, what qualified him to be governor?

Point is, a senator is not that big of a leap from governor.

#22     Oct 23, 2006
  3. Mustn't say anything against him for fear of being called a racist, so I'll just say that he seems to be "a man for all seasons."

#23     Oct 23, 2006
  4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

This is a good observation.

Lewis Black did a skit about how the dems just don't seem to get it when it comes to picking candidates.

But really, the democratic party has become more like a bunch of critics than effective activists they once were.

#24     Oct 23, 2006
  5. LT701

LT701

truth be told, i didnt think reagan was all that qualified

and he could have blown us all up in a nuclear holocaust

that doesnt leave me thinking 'well, where can we find someone even LESS qualified'

obama does have one thing in common with reagan, however

they were both selected by General Electric

(Reagan was their spokesman, and NBC/GE'S 'Meet the Press' pushed obama yesterday)

#25     Oct 23, 2006
  6. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Actually, just don't say anything patently racist. It's really that simple.

Don't use the N word.
    Don't make "jungle references."
    Don't disparage because of race.

Saying he's inexperienced or that he doesn't have enough political capital, etc are all valid opinions.

#26     Oct 23, 2006
  7. The real question is....

Who really would make a good President....???

......................................................................................................

Or should one ask...

Does the system itself need to be changed with regards to the structure of government...?

And if so....how does a population actually change it ???

........................................................................................

It is my opinion that the structure itself must be changed.....

#27     Oct 23, 2006
  8. LT701

LT701

soooo, when i point out that he's only served above the office of state senator since last year, that's really just me expressing 'my racism' in code?

#28     Oct 23, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

No that would fall under valid opinion. You know, like the last sentence of the post you responded to said.

#29     Oct 23, 2006
  10. LT701

LT701

fair enough, i misinterpreted it as sarcasm

#30     Oct 23, 2006