Obama for President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by toc, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Considering everyone that toc mentioned would be "politics as usual", I think Obama would be a breath of fresh air. He is actually someone that puts the "People" first. I've listened to him on numerous occasions and find him extremely intelligent and very matter-of-fact. In person he is very commanding.

A great leader is someone that surrounds himself with greatness and that is one thing you can guarantee will happen with Obama. His advisors would be a nonpartisan group of the best out there which couldn't be said for Hillary, John or any one of the Demopublicans or Repocrats out there.

I'm really tired of individuals trying to derail the process of putting our country back on track to where the People are in control, not the PACs or the politicians controlled by them.

#11     Oct 23, 2006
  2. rickty

rickty

In line with the metaphor that Hilary "carries a lot of excess baggage" then Obama doesn't even have any carry-on.

#12     Oct 23, 2006
  3. yvberj

yvberj

Very well said PROFL.

It's been said that "he's inexperienced". What does that really mean. IMO no one has the experience to be president untill they've actualy been in that office.

#13     Oct 23, 2006
  4. LT701

LT701

unfortunately, many people who do that never do any real work, it's benieth them

this guy has no record whatsoever

he's all talk

#14     Oct 23, 2006
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

Obama..who?

#15     Oct 23, 2006
  6. LT701

LT701

a profoundly irresponsible statement

you really think obama would be as qualified as someone like Sam Nunn?

Sam's never been president either

#16     Oct 23, 2006
  7. yvberj

yvberj

I didn't say that. Sam Nunn is a good man, but I don't think he would run. I don't know his age, but I know he's been around for a long time, he may or may not be getting a little too old.

#17     Oct 23, 2006
  8. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Hmm... What was Ronald Reagan's experience before he was president that made him qualified?

#18     Oct 23, 2006
  9. LT701

LT701

well, governor of California starting in 1967, for one thing (13 years prior to 1980 election)

not that I'm a fan of Reagan

#19     Oct 23, 2006
  10. Which part was irresponsible?
    A great leader (manager) is someone that surrounds themselves with great advisors.
    or maybe . . .
    Getting the government back to the People . . .
    or was it . . .
    Getting the government away from PAC influence or control?

I really don't care whether it's Obama or someone else as long as we get away from "Politics as Usual". Give me someone not controlled privately, someone strong & intelligent and someone that puts the PEOPLE before the party and I'm on board.

#20     Oct 23, 2006