Obama fights for civil rights and anti-discrimination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, May 7, 2012.

1. rew

rew

Hate crimes laws are thought crime laws and free countries don't make thought a crime.

It was already illegal to carry out murder, assault, and rape in every state of the union before any hate crimes laws were created. Hate crimes laws add extra penalties if you were deemed to have had bad thoughts while murdering, assaulting, or raping. The extra penalty is for what you thought, not what you did. Welcome to 1984.

If Obama gave a damn about what's actually in the Bill of Rights he'd work to get rid of the Patriot Act and the TSA. But he won't, so he's no better than George Bush.

#11     May 7, 2012
  2. Problem is the well documented fact that some states felt that killing a black man was not the same as a killing a white man, so if a white man kills a black man in Alabama, he gets six months, vice versa, and the perp gets the chair. I could bury you with links on this, but I am sure you will do your homework before you post again.

#12     May 7, 2012
  3. rew

rew

Show me the links. All the data I've seen shows that when you take into account the type of crime white murderers actually get the death penalty slightly more often than black murderers do.

#13     May 7, 2012
  4. #14     May 7, 2012
  5. We became the greatest country in the world without any of that legislative non sense.

Our society is in serious decline, what we need is a better handicap ramp and equal rights for one armed albino lesbian octopus.

I can't give you a job or save your mortgage or help with the energy crisis so how about this? If someone calls you a name, we'll throw their ass in jail.

#15     May 8, 2012
  6. So you don't believe people should have civil rights and you support discrimination. Cool. Now we know where you're coming from. Nazi Germany.

#16     May 8, 2012
  7. We never were nazi Germany. All I'm saying somehow we excelled in spite of perceived and real discrimination. Everyone currently has legislated rights and our society is in the crapper, ethically and morally. some improvement *sarcasm*

How did we ever survive as a country without hate crime laws? How did we survive without "protected class" of citizens.

Every group of immigrants succeeded in the US despite prejudice, without hate crime laws and being a protected class.

what's the problem?

#17     May 8, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Chris Christie Schools Jonathan Capehart on Obama's position on gay marriage.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vgsGbNyDIlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ed Rendell: Obama should man up and take a position on Gay Marriage.

<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=2&VID=23621218&freewheel=69016&sitesection=breitbartprivate' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

#18     May 8, 2012
  9. ^ Well. guess what ? Despite what the whackos think, Obama is a Christian, so of course he will have some the associated stupidity, I mean ignorance, I mean backward dogma.

#19     May 8, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm gonna do my part and vote ABO in November.

#20     May 8, 2012