Obama Economy: Jobs Created In August: "ZERO"!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I'm all for clean air and as little polution as possible, who the hell wants to live in filth? Not me. BUT, you have to be realistic and take small steps as not to completely up end economy. Obama is taking GIANT leaps in healthcare regs, financial regs, epa regs, its not the right approach and it will cost him his job. He's doing a smash and grab.

#31     Sep 2, 2011
  2. Common real world sense that seems to always escape politicians.

#32     Sep 2, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Fair enough, but here's another question for you: are regulations choking business worldwide? Because orders are falling worldwide...

#33     Sep 2, 2011
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Yes, Obama is stuck between business interests and his left base of eviro-nuts.

Your right that regulations may not directly reduce consumer prices. The best effect of less regulation is it makes it easier for new competition to enter the market. New competition that may be more innovated and may lead to more industry growth.

Greater regulation restricts competition and protects the status quo. Politicians like status quo, thats where the donations come from.

Look at Buffett calling for more taxes on business owners. He is Mr. Status Quo and has the most to gain by protecting his empire from competition.

#34     Sep 2, 2011
  5. rew

rew

Don't forget that no matter how high unemployment is we keep importing close to 100,000 legal immigrants per month. (Plus tens of thousands of illegal immigrants.)

So if no new jobs are created unemployment doesn't stay the same -- it goes up.

#35     Sep 2, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like a bad time to raise taxes.

#36     Sep 2, 2011
  7. JamesL

JamesL

Guys he inherited this mess. Get with the program

BTW, did you see what the WH called for the unemployment rate to average for 2012?

http://www.suntimes.com/business/7409732-420/white-house-9jobless-rate-in-2012.html

Obama 2008 Slogan: Hope and Change

Obama 2012 slogan: It's Not My Fault!

or It's Their Fault!

or Uh...what?

Who's going to resurrect the James Carville battle cry first?

Speaking of Carville, see his latest comment: Given a choice between watching a debate and the speech I would have watched the debate and I’m not even a Republican or even close to being a Republican.

http://wizbangblog.com/2011/09/01/when-youve-lost-james-carville/

#37     Sep 2, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

The last crisis never ended. Don't believe everything you hear/read.

#38     Sep 2, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

The Republican party I knew, no longer exists.

#39     Sep 2, 2011
  10. #40     Sep 2, 2011