Obama does not read books

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Well he has certainly done his share of nationalization, I give you that. He has worked hard to put as many tax cheats into positions of power as possible, I will give you that. He has certainly increased the intrusion of government in our lives, I will give you that. He has certainly worked well outside the rule of law, I give you that. As stated before, he has spent an unprecedented amount of money on pork barrel projects which will hurt economic output of the country in the future.

Does he give a shit? He sure does. He gives a shit about himself and could care less about anyone else.

Once again you fail to even acknowledge that those policies that he was screaming about a year ago are the same Bush policies that he has now adopted.

You can blame Bush all you want but Bush inherited a devastated economy from the Clinton's.

#21     Jun 3, 2009
    #22     Jun 3, 2009
  3. fhl

fhl

Yeah, load up the economy with an unserviceable 10 trillion new budgeted debt, move assets into less productive hands (which will be less able to pay back ANY debt), and you want to wait four years to see if it will work. Oh, yeah, and call people dense who don't want to do the same.

You're a genius..........NOT.

#23     Jun 3, 2009
    #24     Jun 3, 2009
  5. Thunderdog = SmokedMutt

#25     Jun 3, 2009
  6. #26     Jun 3, 2009
  7. That's such bullshit.

#27     Jun 3, 2009
  8. jficquette, let's play free association. Finish this sentence for me:

"jficquette's world view is..."

#28     Jun 3, 2009
  9. No one has bother to focus on WHAT books were read.

Who is better off:

someone who read 30 Nancy Drew books

someone who read "The Prince", and Epictetus?

someone who read The US Constitution and The Communist Manifesto?

What one reads is far more important than how much one reads.

I have female friends when asked if they read, they say all the time........

The National Enquirer
    Star
    US

#29     Jun 3, 2009
  10. I'm not surprised that someone like the ET resident CLOWN Mercor would make such an absurd post. After all, Obama has much more on his "plate" than Bush ever had AND never mind the fact that Bush was not a leader, but rather "governed" as President.

If anyone doesn't believe the latter to be true, feel free to provide more than 3 examples of legislation that Bush sponsored that was successfully navigated through the legislature and into law.

Moreover, let's not forget that White House historians say that Bush spent >500 days of his Presidency on "vacation" at the Crawford Ranch, Kennebunkport, Maine and Camp David.

When you spend 25% of your Presidential term on "vacation" you have a lot of time on your hands to read books ( be they Nancy Drew or by Henry Kissinger ), drink beer, and sit outside by the pool.

Nice job Mercor!
    What a FOOL. :D

#30     Jun 3, 2009