Obama denies bailout funds for automakers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Mar 30, 2009.

1. True, but Walmart gets their low-low prices from bloodied, beaten up slaves in Chinese prisons and re-education camps. Tickle-me elmo was probably made by a guy beaten so badly he can't be tickled anymore.

I'm a free-trader, but I've always believed we should tax out any evil from Chinese goods. And by evil, I mean like environmental pollution, slave labor, abuse of animals, employees, etc. If you taxed out that evil, they'd have less of an edge over honest, unskilled Americans.

#11     Mar 30, 2009
  2. RAY

RAY

#12     Mar 30, 2009
  3. mokwit

mokwit

#13     Mar 30, 2009
  4. I wonder what Wagoner's exit package is.

#14     Mar 30, 2009
  5. Actually .....it is not just GM....

Any product that has a sizeable price tag that requires financing in order to sell its products....

Is basically finished.....

Under the current name....

There will be opportunists picking up the best assets for a much lower price....regarding all of these type companies....

At some price it works....

.............................................................................

$10,000 ....the right number for a future "green energy vehicle" ?

$2500 for a TATA Nano....

And get rid of legal largesse....

Want to get from point A to point B ?

Get rid of 99% of the "lawyers"....

#15     Mar 30, 2009
  6. clacy

clacy

I'm all for that. An instant and dramatic jump in productivity if you reform our tort laws.

Cut the lawyers by two thirds and you'll see productivity in this country surge......

#16     Mar 30, 2009
  7. Obama needs to make the "TATA" phone call....

The Obama Nano....coming to a showroom near you....

#17     Mar 30, 2009
  8. Syndicates, like most virus, kill the host in the long run.

:)

#18     Mar 30, 2009
  9. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

The Gov't is the worst virus of them all and it won't stop until it kill this economy so it can create a new economy with its new law of the land.

The only vaccine for this economy is a Revolution. The Supreme Courts are not on the people's side, the laws are too intertwined into our daily lives to go about it in a civilized manner.

#19     Mar 30, 2009
  10. Isn't that the truth! Name a product or service in this country which the lawyers haven't made more expensive via tort system.

They claim to protect the consumer, but in reality the extortion they extract gets passed on to every consumer in this country. Much more damage is done to society at large via this transfer of wealth to members of the bar (which includes the majority of congress and our current president), than any actual damages from problems with the product or service.

#20     Mar 30, 2009