Obama denies any video showing Michelle 'whitey' rant...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jun 6, 2008.

1. I'm sure my previous post has just made LoZZZer's day!

Now it gets the thrill of accusing me of trying to excuse discriminatory hiring, regardless of the solid logical basis behind my words. Knock yourself out, ZZZenu!

#51     Jun 15, 2008
    #52     Jun 15, 2008
  3. Yannis

Yannis

What this old study doesn't examine (understandably) is the reason that people called white candidates more often than blacks for interviews. While the article is written with a bias towards suggesting that the reason is clear racism, others may argue that the Government has a lot to answer for here.

Programs like Affirmative Action etc are widely seen as making employers cautious that hiring a black person brings with it an added layer of trouble, in the sense that it'll be harder to fire them if they don't perform well, and you'll have a higher chance of being sued if things go badly. Many employers, especially small or medium size businesses, are particularly afraid of that set of arguments.

Is it racism or is it just another case where the Government is screwing things up by getting involved too deeply in how we conduct our business? Not an easy question, and the potential answers are particularly scary. But we've got to go through this period and achieve the right level of balance before we evolve into a color-blind society.

#53     Jun 16, 2008
  4. Arnie

Arnie

You may have good intentions, but what you advocate is pure racism.......the favoring of one person over the other due entirely to the color of their skin. If they (minorties) truly are equal, then why would you have to favor one over another race? Why can't they compete on their ability? By advocating a perferential treatment based soley on race, aren't YOU the one saying they are in fact inferior?

#54     Jun 16, 2008
  5. Obama became "African-American" rather than "Mixed" when he figured out how to game the college admission system.

#55     Jun 16, 2008
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Fighting the Smears, IMAO-Style

"As is quite obvious, I don't really follow the news. I did catch Harvey's post the other day, though, about how there is information out there that Obama says is not true... to the point that he had to start this Fight the Smears website. Have you ever heard of something like that? I mean, smears about a political candidate? Holy crap! When I heard that, I was like, "We must put an end to this! To the Frank-mobile!" We're not just talking two or three smears either. If you look at the site, there's like four or five of them.

I know! People are smearing someone running for office! My world is turned upside down! Why would people do this? Is it because Barack is Hispanic or something?

Now, I may not be Obama's biggest political supporter, but I am not going to let politics become some big cesspool. So here are some even more smears I've found and refuted:

MORE OBAMA SMEARS

LIE: Barack Obama once went on a killing spree through all 57 states.
    TRUTH: There aren't actually 57 states. He misspoke.

LIE: Barack Obama has no penis.
    TRUTH: Barack Obama is a hermaphrodite.

LIE: The only thing Barack Obama loves more than America is jihad.
    TRUTH: Barack Obama loves many things more than America.

LIE: Michelle Obama hates whitey.
    TRUTH: Michelle Obama hates the Jews.

LIE: You have to be retarded to think Barack Obama is a good candidate for president.
    TRUTH: You could also just hate America and wish it ill will.

LIE: Barack Obama was originally raised as a Muslim.
    TRUTH: Barack Obama converted from Wiccan to Islam in his teens.

LIE: Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein.
    TRUTH: It's actually a swearword unfit for print. Directed at your mom.

LIE: Barack Obama wants to seize your guns.
    TRUTH: He has no interest in your guns. After you're imprisoned for owning firearms, he'll let the police do as they may with them.

LIE: Barack Obama loves Che Guevara.
    TRUTH: That brief fling they had was lust, not love.

LIE: Barack Obama has a long record of being a liberal.
    TRUTH: Barack Obama doesn't have a long record of doing anything. Name one liberal thing he's done. Name anything he's done. Come on; I dare you.

LIE: Barack Obama was banned by the state of Illinois from owning a dog because when he previously owned a puppy and got angry at it for barking too much, he raped it.
    TRUTH: There was mutual consent.

LIE: Barack Obama's brain is the size of a walnut.
    TRUTH: It's the size of a walnut shell, to be clear.

LIE: Barack Obama is planning to kill the pope.
    TRUTH: Liars! There is no way anyone could have found out about his plan!

LIE: Barack Obama sold out Israel to Iran in exchange for a bag of magic beans.
    TRUTH: The beans aren't really magic.

LIE: Barack Obama knows to bring a gun to a knife fight.
    TRUTH: If a fight breaks out, the only thing you'll find on him his urine-soaked pants.

LIE: Barack Obama couldn't find his ass with two hands and a flashlight.
    TRUTH: He's found it before and he'll find it again."

:) :) :)

#56     Jun 16, 2008
  7. Ability? :D :D :D You think people advance on ABILITY??

You sir, have never worked in a corporate environment at a high level.

Ability comes AFTER
    1. Can you be trusted to be a "team player"
    2. Will you fit in with the bosses friends and contacts.
    3. Do you have contacts of your own
    4. Will you be a threat to the boss.

Any number of things can derail a hire. Wrong name, wrong school, wrong attire, wrong gender, wrong race.

Ability, now that's quaint:D

#57     Jun 17, 2008
  8. I know of a school who got an order to "desegregate".

Problem was, they were an HBCU, but they got state funding.

To attract whites, they offered full scholarships to anyone over a 2.0. Blacks needed a 3.2.

But hey, they were under a court order to "desegregate", they did what they had to do.

So, if you what to talk about "gaming the system", be sure to include ALL of the players.

#58     Jun 17, 2008
  9. Hmmm, if the government had never gotten involved.

Abolition of slavery would have never occured. ---That was an executive order.

Voting rights act of 1964--Executive order.

Brown vs Board of Education--Executive order.

Desegregation of Little Rock--Executive order.

Desegregation of University of Alabama--Executive order.

"The people" have NEVER voted for a level playing field. Government has ALWAYS had to get involved.

If "the people" were not inherently xenophobic, then there would be no need for "Affirmative Action"

#59     Jun 17, 2008
  10. Sieg Heil, Pabst.

Good to know you true color(s) are coming to light. The Fuhrer would be proud. Only certain people should be allowed to breed, after all.

No wonder you lost the race.

What is so wonderfull about you, Pa(b)st, is that you are soon to be a thing of the Past.

#60     Jun 17, 2008