Obama denies any video showing Michelle 'whitey' rant...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jun 6, 2008.

1. June 05, 2008
    Categories: Barack Obama
    Obama denies a rumor and questions the question

Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday batted down rumors circulating on the Internet and mentioned on some cable news shows of the existence of a video of his wife using a derogatory term for white people, and criticized a reporter for asking him about the rumor, which has not a shred of evidence to support it.

“We have seen this before. There is dirt and lies that are circulated in e-mails and they pump them out long enough until finally you, a mainstream reporter, asks me about it,” Obama said to the McClatchy reporter during a press conference aboard his campaign plane. “That gives legs to the story. If somebody has evidence that myself or Michelle or anybody has said something inappropriate, let them do it.”

Asked whether he knew it not to be true, Obama said he had answered the question.

“Frankly, my hope is people don’t play this game,” Obama said. “It is a destructive aspect of our politics. Simply because something appears in an e-mail, that should lend it no more credence than if you heard it on the corner. Presumably the job of the press is to not to go around and spread scurrilous rumors like this until there is actually anything, an iota, of substance or evidence that would substantiate it.”

2. Mercor

Mercor

I would not be surprised if Obama did not start this rumor then be the good guy and protest it.

He need to desensitize the population to their history of Black racism.

3. he is very evasive in his answer. his campaign has been less than forthcoming. let's not forget he still has the sinclair thing hanging over his head.

4. I think Obama will make times tougher in the US, while it will be for the good and with some needed reforms. McCain would probably fight any change and keep the "good times" rollng a bit longer before all hell breaks loose one day ...

Very simplified, I know - but Obama seems to be the better human.

5. Oh man, it's already so lame. Thank G_d there's only four months left or I'd probably go on a four month vacation to someplace without Cable or Satellite.

McCain is Bush II, and old, and out of touch! He wants more preemptive wars!! Spilling American blood for no good cause!!!

No, no. Obama's wife hates the white man, and Obama is a left-wing radical, liberal, who worships Che Guevara!!!

Please. There's maybe an inch of daylight between the two.

I'll never underestimate the penchant for melodrama on ET ever again.

6. ****BREAKING NEWS****

Obama to split with wife after "whitey" tape revealed.

Obama: "That's not the wife I knew for twenty years."

7. LOL. That's the first thing I thought of when I read his denial.

8. Racism is a systematic denial of rights based on the color of one's skin. The only people in this country with the power to do that are white people.

9. The "Accusation of Racism" is a perception of a systematic denial or rights based on the color of the perpetrator's skin color. The only people in this country with the power to effectively do this are people of color. As an African American male, I would tell you that abuse of this concept drives way too much of the remedies and responses. :)

10. First, you created your own definition. Most people would take a broader view and describe racism as stereotyping people on the basis of race, particularly in a negative light. For example, the way Rev. Wright and "Father" Pleger blamed whitey for everything.

Second, there are plenty of places where blacks have political control, such as Detroit, Washington, DC, etc. They systematically use it to give race-based favors to blacks and to prejudice other unfavored races.

No doubt we can expect plenty of both from an Obama administration.

#10     Jun 12, 2008