Obama Delegate - say good bye market

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joab, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Obz is obviously intelligent and a good speaker but comes off extremely smug, arrogant and elitist. Just like Kerry did and that cost him the election..

#31     Jun 3, 2008
  2. listed

listed

Lets face it, the black population isn't the most educated. However the uneducated will vote for a 'brother'.

I was at lunch today, over hearing a table full of blacks say 'I am going to vote for Obama just to have a brother in office.

How many others feel this way?

Not trying to sound like a racist but just being realistic here. Didn't mean to offend anyone if i did.

#32     Jun 3, 2008
  3. Those swing states will be the key and Obama has a very difficult time in them, even without massive republican turnout. He needs to win states that Kerry lost and he has to yet to make a convincing argument as to why people in those states should vote for him...besides that he was against going into Iraq. His opposition to the Iraq war is not going to be enough to convince those blue collar, gunowner rights oriented Reagan Democrats in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Virginia to support him in the numbers he needs to win those states. He will have to come up with some incredible economic plan and I doubt that promising to raise taxes will help him win over that crowd. Also all the crap talk coming out of Iran works against him, especially with Jewish voters. The general election is really 50 seperate winner take all elections. Polls that show the candidates tied or within a few points of each other, may not accurately reflect a candidates weaknesses within the electoral college framework.

#33     Jun 3, 2008
  4. wjk

wjk

I wish I could share your optimism. He has stated he wanted a civil election, and did originally show his distaste of an add run in N Carolina about these "friends". Most repuplicans and moderates such as Mccaine will not point to the ideology as they should in direct terms. Remember what happened to that one guy who spoke the truth? Joe McCarthy, I believe, was his name. I think the release of old kgb files proved he wasn't as far out in left field as his opponents had him back then. Actually, he was well into left field. Way left. No pun intended. No, the media would accuse Mccain of mccarthyism if he did that.

Mccaine will also have to use extreme caution, as any slight criticism of his opponent will result in cries of racism by the majority of the media.

You know, if we had a truly honest media, think what politics would be like. Be a whole different landscape. Ditch the lawyers, lower congressional salaries, apply term limits, send lobbyist packing, etc....what a wonderful world that would be. Now that would be utopia...again...no pun intended

#34     Jun 3, 2008
  5. This statement shows a complete lack of understanding of US politics. This is going to be a close one. Ignore the national polls for popular vote, they mean nothing. Look at electoral maps. Mac has a structural advantage here, but enough states are up for grabs that it really could come down to one state (Ohio probably).

It is quite possible that OB will take the popular vote by several million, and still lose. This is because CA, NY, IL, and MA may be complete landslides, but they still don't give him any delegates that he isn't already expected to win anyway.

#35     Jun 3, 2008

6. youll get use to listening to an intelligent president (Obama) . After listening to bush for 8 years it takes time to get use to hearing some one smart .

#36     Jun 3, 2008
  7. wjk

wjk

I don't have a problem with him being black. I have a problem
    with the possibility that he is into black liberation theology, or as I've heard it said, marxism disguised as christianity. Isn't that
    the theology of the church he attended for 20 years? I have many black friends who can't stand Obama, mainly because they know little about him.

#37     Jun 3, 2008
  8. Why do white people call him black like he was brought up in the ghetto and got an education and is trying to scam everyone that he isnt who is says he is . He is 1/2 white and raised by white mother and surrounded mostly by white influeunce growing up and education .Whites think when he becomes president the crack pipes and hoes are going to come out like a 50cent party . LEts get real .

#38     Jun 3, 2008
  9. He was black to win the democratic nomination, he's now white while running for the presidency. See how that works? Clearly you need to brush up on your politics.

#39     Jun 3, 2008
  10. mark2

mark2

LOL!

#40     Jun 3, 2008