Obama Declares US Wage Controls

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Daal

Daal

2. gnome

gnome

Do you have SHIT FOR BRAINS? Nowhere does your link mention "Ron Paul" nor "supporters of Ron Paul".

First of all, the STUPID-ASS BANKS should be allowed to go bankrupt. Second, if they are going to take public money to secure their job and their salary, there SHOULD be strings attached!

What the Hell is wrong with you?????

3. Agree fearless9, its sorta like the "no lobbyist in jobs for this administration" proclamation....

4. gnome

gnome

Not to mention the fact they are RIPPING OFF ALL OF US, OUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS, TOO! :mad:

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't support it. Although I feel there are officers in failing companies that are grossly over paid I don't think the federal government should be dictating the limits.

-"An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens."-

-"Agriculture, manufacturers, commerce, and navigation, the four pillars of our prosperity, are then most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise."-

-"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."-

-"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it can do something to the people."-

-"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."-

Thomas Jefferson

6. all these bankers are going to go work for their own offshore bank subsiduary - they'll get their bonuses that way.

7. Bush was much more organized and professional. Obama is showing himself to be totally inept.

8. Mvic

Mvic

Unless I read the statement incorrectly these limits only apply to the firms that have not yet taken TARP funds, in which case it has no teeth at all.

As far as free market types and libertarians, it is entirely consistent for us to support these wage controls as these are now governement entities given that they would have failed without tax payer funds. Obama should have said that if $400K is good enough for the CEO of the USA it is good enough for the CEO of BAC, and C etc. Now anyone who isn't leaching off the tax payers tit can set whatever compensation they want.

#10     Feb 4, 2009