Obama Declares Swine Flu a National Emergency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jprad, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

The purpose of making this a national emergency is so when it is over Obama can claim he saved millions of lives just in the nick of time.
    Just like he has said he saved million of jobs with the stimulus.

#31     Oct 26, 2009
  2. Mnphats

Mnphats

Just got the bill for the regular flu mist. 25 for the vaccine and 29 to administer.

#32     Oct 26, 2009
  3. Thank you. Very interesting information.

BTW - - - and I know its a personal decision & people have to decide for themselves based on their own medical issues, but what to you think about taking the vaccine ? I have issues with it because of my own research about potential concerns about its being adequately tested and possible severe side effects much worse than the flu itself seems to be. - - The information youre providing about these rather suspicious fees associated with it definitely don't add to my confidence that 'its all about the health of the public'. Regards, - - -

#33     Oct 26, 2009
  4. Ricter

Ricter

You didn't aske me, but...

My view is that one could weigh the odds of their getting the real thing against the odds of suffering the vaccine's side-effects.

So, are you fit? Are you in the most vulnerable group? Do you wash your hands and keep them out of your face?

#34     Oct 26, 2009
  5. If you voted for Obama you should get the flu shot, it's an emergency for chrissakes, follow your leader.

#35     Oct 26, 2009
  6. I will not . . . the side effects are potentially worse than the flu.

#36     Oct 26, 2009
  7. I agree. - - - Did the doctors you spoke to address this ?

Regards, - -

#37     Oct 26, 2009
  8. yes, hense my decision.

#38     Oct 26, 2009
  9. j_cubed

j_cubed

Well, if we all buy into the hype and pay for the shots, the vaccine makers will make truckloads of money, report huge earnings, and send the market higher (for at least a day anyway).

It's part of Obama's plan to stimulate the economy.

#39     Oct 26, 2009
  10. I take great effort using restraint against insulting voluntary cretins that insult me, but I can't help myself this time, Tigerjaw and Shagi.

Where in my post was any racist statement? Are you two really that daft?

Personally, I rather like 0bama, even as I loath his politics. I find it rather hard to blame 0bama for much of anything as the irrepressible dimwits that voted for him are to blame. 0bama merely filled a void to fulfill some people's fantasies.

Contrary to some people's bizarre beliefs, race does not protect one from criticism or spoofing his actions nor give carte blanche to that individual.

And what in hell makes you think my post had anything to do with 0bama? It wasn't 0bama's fault that he won the Nobel Peace Prize. I was referring to the Nobel Committee that nominated him a few days after he was in office. I thought it was clear that the committee was being questioned by their choice.

I don't think I need to say anything else unless you still don't understand where I'm coming from.

If you don't understand, I will have to spell it out slower for you.
    ----------------------------
    Whether you are in love with the government or not:

Don't be looking only to the government to protect you from the flu. Take some personal responsibility. Don't be thinking that a vaccine will offer all the protection from the flu. As an easily transmissible virus like H1N1 passes from person to person, it mutates slightly. It changes to the point that a vaccine that was created months ago can be nearly useless.

Watch for any bird flu outbreaks. Watch out for patient Zero. If patient Zero is infected with an extremely high mortality rate virus that is very hard to catch like bird flu, and then Zero becomes infected with highly transmissible H1N1, their body will act as a mixing vat. The two viruses will combine to form a highly transmissible virus with very high mortality rate.

This is the second wave of H1N1. Will there be a much higher mortality 3rd wave or will it disappear as mysteriously as it appeared?

From some notes I took a few months ago:

1918 Spanish flu was an H1N1 virus.

Serious epidemics such as the Spanish flu often go through 2 or 3 waves of illness with each wave resulting in a higher death rate. The first wave of the Spanish flu resulted in no higher than normal mortality rate.

1918:

Out of 24,000 cases treated allopathically: 28.2% mortality rate. Aspirin was the most common prescription at the time. Aspirin suppresses the fever that fights the infection. Death rates declined rapidly after stopping aspirin. Hospitals resulted in the greatest risk of complications and death, one third developed pneumonia, staying home was less risk for the sick. People do not die from influenza. It's the complications that develop, mostly bacteria resulting in pneumonia. Fatal pneumonia came on so quickly that the majority did not feel that ill. Patients would feel fine all day and then suddenly become delirious and collapse on the sidewalk or at work.

Out of 26,000 cases treated homeopathically: 1.05% mortality rate.

Go get your vaccine that may not offer much benefit.

In the meantime, Do Not eat any sugar, ever, I don't. Just two teaspoons of sugar shuts down immune cell activity entirely for 6 hours. That is a laboratory proven fact. That is what I have read years ago and what my homeopathic doctor says. My homeopathic doctor recommends getting the allopathic vaccine as opposed to a lot of other natural health care providers, but does not believe it is near enough. She said months ago, during the first wave, the homeopathic community was afraid the H1N1 virus could mutate into something worse as it was acting in an unusual manner as did the Spanish flu. See a homeopathic doctor. There's a lot that an individual can do to treat the flu. My homeopathic doctor has provided her patients with an extensive influenza protocol that I would rather not say the details.

#40     Oct 26, 2009