Obama controls the media

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, Mar 3, 2013.

1. None of the White House correspondents who spoke to The Post are hopeful that things will improve. “What’s our recourse?” says one. “How do you force them?”

“The reporters I’ve spoken to who have covered multiple administrations have said this is tighter, more restricted than other administrations,” Munro says. “They don’t like it. They don’t have the power to change it.”

---------------------------------------

Finally, this week, reporters are pushing back. Even Jonathan Alter — who frequently appears on the Obama-friendly MSNBC — came forward to say he, too, had been treated horribly by the administration for writing something they didn’t like.

“There is a kind of threatening tone that, from time to time — not all the time — comes out of these guys,” Alter said this week. During the 2008 campaign swing through Berlin, Alter said that future White House press secretary Robert Gibbs disinvited him from a dinner between Obama and the press corps over it.

“I was told ‘Don’t come,’ in a fairly abusive e-mail,” he said. “[It] made what Gene Sperling wrote [to Woodward] look like patty-cake.”

-------------------

“I had a young reporter asking tough, important questions of an Obama Cabinet secretary,” says one DC veteran. “She was doing her job, and they were trying to bully her. In an e-mail, they called her the vilest names — bitch, c--t, a--hole.” He complained and was told the matter would be investigated: “They were hemming and hawing, saying, ‘We’ll look into it.’ Nothing happened.”

------------------------

“Today’s a perfect example,” he says. “Jack Lew is sworn in” — as US Treasury secretary, on Thursday — “and they didn’t even allow a photographer in there. A reporter asked [press secretary] Jay Carney why, and his answer was, ‘It’s a family ceremony.’ No! This is a high-ranking government official whose salary is paid for by taxpayers. No.”

-------------------------

“They don’t need us as much. And to the extent that they’re able to do that, they’re undercutting the First Amendment, which guarantees a free press through many voices. If they put out their own material, it’s state-run media.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/beat_the_press_96lFrUNync5zuBZTiZ6aUL/0

2. pspr

pspr

The journalists have cut their own throats to a certain extent. If they wouldn't cave in when the Obama administration threatens them they could force even access and stop the threats. They should stick together and if one is disinvited or threatened they should all decline and start writing article after article about it.

The journalist can win the war against the White House if they really want to.

3. JamesL

JamesL

I hope it pushes them to the point when the 4th estate begins to question EVERYTHING. This media manipulation has gone on for far too long and does the country no good.

“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

4. They're a bunch of whores. How could the White House respect them? They do what they're fucking told. A few whinge about it and suffer the consequences. The rest meekly fall back into line.

After all, most "journalists" see their main job as promoting Obama to the full extent possible. He is their wetdream pol, a marxist black man with a HLS degree who is not obviously crazy or corrupt.

You'll note that this whining only started after the election was safely over.

5. jem

jem

those leftist idiots. they are upset because they white house treats them like the mushrooms they are....

they are getting cut off because they have no guts.

Right now the administration can treat them the way ML treated its stock brokers .... like mushrooms leave them in the dark and feed them shit.

And they won't question it... they just print it.
    A mushroom does not deserve access... a mushroom does not need it. (I also note... no one needs to read or watch mushrooms)

They stand by as they are lied to too about benghazi about the budget, about sequester, about just about everything and they do nothing or they support the lie.

How the hell could they choose to be so stupid?

Again I ask them... look what happens when just one liberal like Woodward opens his mouth and tells the truth.

We have an interesting national debate again.
    We have a reason to watch the T.V. news shows.
    We have a reason to read the paper.

We have a 4th estate worth spending time and money with.

6. wjk

wjk

Most of them don't have to be told what to do. They are useful idiots. They actually agree with the shit they report (as you indicated later in your post). That's the problem. But there's no bias in MSM according to the left (except FOX news).

Today's MSM reporters were successfully indoctrinated. They're just too fucking stupid to realize it. The funny thing is, the left claims to be comprised of the smart ones. Unfortunately they weren't smart enough to avoid the indoctrination they received while gaining their education. Perhaps they weren't as smart as they like everyone to think since they were susceptible to said indoctrination. Of course, they'll never realize it because they were successfully indoctrinated.

Even more unfortunate is the fact that the republicans are successfully played by the left over and over, which speaks volumes.[​IMG]

7. Well at any rate we have a little momentum or we'll have to wait for Obama to sink his own ship.

8. pspr

pspr

One thing that I've learned from this thread is that I'm not going to be eating any more mushrooms! :(

9. wjk

wjk

I think some of those left wing politicians (and the dumbfuck rinos) are eating shrooms to come up with some of the shit they do and think it's going to work.

10. pspr

pspr

They just want to keep all the plates spinning on the sticks until the show is over.

#10     Mar 3, 2013