Obama Continues Global Warming Agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 14, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Even your blog post corroborates the data. The poster just wants to call it an anomaly when, indeed, the warming spike could be the anomaly. Obviously, the stable period has gone on longer than the model allowed for which invalidates the warming model. Again, investigate before you post.

...tell me what this says about the models used by the IPCC and others which have predicted a rise of 0.2 degrees celsius per decade for the 21st century. I accept that there will always be periods when a rising gradient may be interrupted. But this flat period has now gone on for about the same time as the 1980 – 1996 warming.”

The models exhibit large variations in the rate of warming from year to year and over a decade, owing to climate variations such as ENSO, the Atlantic Multi-Decadal Oscillation and Pacific Decadal Oscillation. So in that sense, such a period is not unexpected. It is not uncommon in the simulations for these periods to last up to 15 years, but longer periods are unlikely.

#31     Nov 15, 2012
  2. [​IMG]

#32     Nov 15, 2012
  3. fan27

fan27

yep...line up the dissenters and shoot them Stalin era style. Green is the new Red!

#33     Nov 16, 2012
  4. Dissent is one thing. Intentionally lying to deceive the public on something so important to the future of mankind as GW is criminal. This guy Rosen knows he is deceiving. It's despicable. It's tantamount to being an accessory to murder.

#34     Nov 16, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Horse Shit

#35     Nov 16, 2012
  6. #36     Nov 16, 2012
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Wow! Not only does capitalism destroy the current environment, it also travels back in time and destroys the environment in the past!

;)

#37     Nov 16, 2012
  8. Yes, so what is your point? Are you trying to say that because natural variations resulted in huge swings in climate in the past that the unprecedented large emissions of CO2 by man today cannot do the same?

If anything, this look into the past is quite sobering. The rise in CO2 and temps today are happening some twenty times faster than it ever has in the past like at the paleo-eocene thermal maximum. It is the rapidity of the rise that is the problem. Species and ecosystems have trouble adapting to rapid changes and decline in numbers and complexity. Similarly, our agriculture also suffers. This past years drought and it's effect on the corn crop is just one example.

#38     Nov 16, 2012
  9. My point is and always has been that the emissions during the current change are but one factor to be considered. Just one among many. There is no evidence that it is the primary driver. In fact, it cannot be the primary driver as is evidenced by all the changes that happened prior to the industrialzation period. This is something that the cultists refuse to accept.

#39     Nov 16, 2012

10. And yet virtually all the world's scientists and climate experts disagree with you.

Hmmm, who should I believe?

#40     Nov 16, 2012