Obama Continues Global Warming Agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) Obama supporters don't do a lot of thinking.
    2) Most Obamabots WANT us to give our wealth away to third world shit holes that hate us
    3) Most are too busy playing video games and watching network TV to even notice to begin with.

#21     Nov 15, 2012
  2. I understand that. (They do about as much thinking as I did when at a college party, having had a few too many, and a cute... or ugly... chick was caressing my thigh.) But I wonder how they react when their license plate registration jumps by $300/year for "carbon tax"... especially when they learn where their $300 ends up. I'm sure a few of them will go "Yeah man, that's righteous"... fantasizing that the tax money will go to the poor in those countries they imagine were "victims of greedy American capitalists"... but most of them will go, "WTF"?

#22     Nov 15, 2012
  3. That's the same Dick who predicted a Romney landslide win.

ha ha ha ha

#23     Nov 15, 2012
  4. Makes it easier to know who to totally avoid. Looks ridiculous.

#24     Nov 15, 2012
  5. I thought that was Phoenix's forte' ? Or, I guess a conservative member of that team I guess. Why do you have to resort to such crap? Just denigrates you.

#25     Nov 15, 2012
  6. Just like your assortment of sockpuppets.

#26     Nov 15, 2012
  7. jem

jem

Some climate scientists, such as Professor Phil Jones, director of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, last week dismissed the significance of the plateau, saying that 15 or 16 years is too short a period from which to draw conclusions.
    Others disagreed. Professor Judith Curry, who is the head of the climate science department at America’s prestigious Georgia Tech university, told The Mail on Sunday that it was clear that the computer models used to predict future warming were ‘deeply flawed’.
    Even Prof Jones admitted that he and his colleagues did not understand the impact of ‘natural variability’ – factors such as long-term ocean temperature cycles and changes in the output of the sun. However, he said he was still convinced that the current decade would end up significantly warmer than the previous two.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...y-released--chart-prove-it.html#ixzz2CJQ6tXf5
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

#27     Nov 15, 2012
  8. exGOPer

exGOPer

DailyMail, CNSNews ..you don't get facts in the way of a good circlejerk!

"Firstly, the Met Office has not issued a report on this issue. We can only assume the article is referring to the completion of work to update the HadCRUT4 global temperature dataset compiled by ourselves and the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit.

We announced that this work was going on in March and it was finished this week. You can see the HadCRUT4 website here."

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/met-office-in-the-media-14-october-2012/

#28     Nov 15, 2012
  9. from the Met office..

It is the second article Mr Rose has written which contains some misleading information, after he wrote an article earlier this year on the same theme.

As we’ve stressed before, choosing a starting or end point on short-term scales can be very misleading. Climate change can only be detected from multi-decadal timescales due to the inherent variability in the climate system. If you use a longer period from HadCRUT4 the trend looks very different. For example, 1979 to 2011 shows 0.16°C/decade (or 0.15°C/decade in the NCDC dataset, 0.16°C/decade in GISS). Looking at successive decades over this period, each decade was warmer than the previous – so the 1990s were warmer than the 1980s, and the 2000s were warmer than both. Eight of the top ten warmest years have occurred in the last decade.

#29     Nov 15, 2012
  10. jem

jem

this great stuff ... we now have the climate guys... the very guys who rely on a very short term chart complaining when someone takes a shorter term chart.

here is a long term chart... and you can read what it shows for yourself.

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/CO2,Temperaturesandiceages-f.pdf

#30     Nov 15, 2012