Obama Compares his Bowling to Special Olympics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Hmm. And I wonder why that was. Do you have a link, any link, of Bush EVER admitting to a mistake during his 8 years at the helm? Remember that interview just prior to his departure when he was asked if he had made any mistakes and he couldn't think of any? Remember that little gem?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=7129997&page=1

His controversial joke hadn't even aired yet when President Obama got on the phone from Air Force One Thursday night to apologize for comparing his notoriously bad bowling skills to the Special Olympics.

"He expressed his disappointment and he apologized, I think in a way that was very moving," Tim Shriver, the chairman of the Special Olympics board, told "Good Morning America" today.

"He expressed that he did not intend to humiliate this population, certainly didn't want to embarrass or give anybody any more reason for pain or just suffering I would say," said Shriver, who received the call from Obama as the president was flying back to Washington.

"He was very sincere, expressed an interest and an openness in being more engaged in the movement and said he was a fan of the movement and I think importantly he said he was ready to have some of our athletes over to the White House to bowl or play basketball or help him improve his score."

#11     Mar 20, 2009
  2. #12     Mar 20, 2009
  3. #13     Mar 20, 2009
  4. Actually, no. Your very own John Wensink did that.

#14     Mar 20, 2009
  5. Hmmm, that's funny since I can't find John's name anywhere in that link you posted.

#15     Mar 20, 2009
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Especially since we have so many members of this forum as regular athletes in the special olympics.

Whoops. :D :D :D

On one hand, the special olympics is a fairly common label used to describe less-than-professional results. On the other, it is fairly mean and something to avoid saying when one is in politics. I'm sure the Obamassiah would take that statement back if he could.

I'm also sure we'll get some better comments down the road.

With any luck, Obama'll insult the Fwench. Maybe he'll joke with Sarkozy about maybe renaming the Arc de Triomphe to something about surrender and white flags. :)

#16     Mar 20, 2009
  7. A screwed up world when a guy can't make a joke. What sweet irony that this silly criticism is the result of political correctness born in the camp of the leftists. Happy now?

#17     Mar 20, 2009
  8. TGregg

TGregg

That's the interesting part of this. Did Obama make a mistake? Yeah, probably. But nothing very serious. It's just a joke.

But imagine the screaming rage and the front page stories and the endless hand wringing the left would have engaged in, had Sarah Palin said this.

#18     Mar 20, 2009
  9. There is a big difference between saying stupid things than actually going on national TV and making fun of the mentally handicapped.

Not to mention Bush has a higher IQ.

Perhaps is Bush did all his thinking from a telepromter he would have looked much smarter.

Obama is nothing but the manchurian candidate. I think they found the stupidest person who was a minority to use as their puppet.

#19     Mar 20, 2009
  10. It must be way cool living in a parallel universe. You should drop by some time and tell us all about it.

#20     Mar 20, 2009