Obama closes $60 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Sep 13, 2010.

1. toc

toc

Good deal, what will Saudis sheiks do with another few dozen palaces and ultra loaded A380s and $500M yatchs. Good to sell them items that they might never use but ask for newers ones in 20 years again.:D :cool:

#11     Sep 14, 2010
  2. Picaso

Picaso

Mark my words:

1) the Saudis will overthrow their royal family as the Iranians overthrew the Sha.

2) they will use those weapons to kill Americans (but not the Americans benefiting from this sale, only kids who can't afford college and the like) just as the Taliban have.

Will they/you never learn?

#12     Sep 14, 2010
  3. 1) Wow you must have some great inside contacts in Saudi Arabia to be so confident in Saudis overthrowing the government...you words have been marked...

2) You have no idea what you're talking about.

#13     Sep 14, 2010
  4. Picaso

Picaso

#14     Sep 14, 2010
  5. Did you just spell Iraq with a k?

#15     Sep 14, 2010
  6. jonp

jonp

saudis' population is over 85% sunni, they are fierce enemies of the shia, aka iran = 90% shia. even if the people of s.a do by some chance revolt and take over the royal family...they still share the same enemy. I don't see s.a being an enemy of usa in a wwiii.

#16     Sep 14, 2010
  7. jonp

jonp

france approves ban of burqas. 246-1 majority vote.
    eiffel tower evacuated on bomb threat. this news will have muslims in an uproar internationally, there is already so much tension. let's see how this unwinds.

#17     Sep 14, 2010
  8. themickey

themickey

I suppose if the customer wants to purchase, the supplier needs to supply before their overseas competitors get their foot in the door.

But anyhow, lets have legislation to limit the damage banks can do to the economy but not limit the damage arms dealers can do.

The greatest enemy is our own imaginative fear and phobias.

#18     Sep 14, 2010
  9. Todays ally is tommorrows enemy & tommorrows enemy is todays ally. Its just the way the world works.

#19     Sep 14, 2010
  10. ammo

ammo

bin laden is a saudi prince, presumably living in afghanistan training the taliban with weapons we gave afghanistan to fight russia,thats only 20 years back,i guess this country belongs to the dc folk and the arms dealers, why do they even ask us to vote

#20     Sep 14, 2010