Obama Climate Speech: More Fracking And Keystone A Go?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

No, the price is too low. ; )

#11     Jun 26, 2013
  2. You are one of the "flat earthers" to which he referred.

And it certainly is 97%, or pretty damn close,....... douchebag.

#12     Jun 26, 2013
  3. That is correct. The cost to future generations is not included.

#13     Jun 26, 2013
  4. A fair critique. I would generally say though that much of the problem is from inheriting pre-existing policies, running into info that is only seen once one is in the oval office and and a congress that is as useless as tits on a bull. In fact they are worse than useless and are actually obstructions to progress.

As far as the intrusion thing, he acknowledges that it must be up for debate and guidelines need to established. But so far the majority seem to be generally OK with it, knowing to prevent terrorism some privacy must be relinquished.

At least, he is not the embarrassment that Bush was. My dog is smarter than that frat boy.

#14     Jun 26, 2013
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, I guess I would agree that if the choice was between Obama and Bush, then I would certainly prefer Obama. And of course everyone who thinks, which is by no means everyone, realizes that there are limits to what one man, or woman, can do about the problems of this nation. Particularly in a political environment in which half the Congress has made it their objective to see to it that the President can't do anything without being obstructed. I wish they would show the same enthusiasm when it comes to protecting the Bill of Rights.

Still very concerned about the trampling on the Bill of Rights and consolidation of power in the executive branch. It bodes ill for the future.

#15     Jun 26, 2013