Obama Chia pet - yes we can $19.99

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jem

jem

2. TGregg

TGregg

LOL. Clearly racist.

3. jem

jem

I did not see it as racist at first, but upon second click... you could be right.

However when the chia jingle starts ch cha chia - the juxtaposition is so stark I laughed again.

4. "Chia Seed Packet For 3 Plantings "

I thought presidents were limited to 2 terms... :p

5. Funny, cheesy, tacky, waste of money and probably "honoring" our President by being made in China, YES.

But racist??? I dont see it.

6. But what if you paint it

[​IMG]

7. TGregg

TGregg

Really? Allow me to properly frame it for you.

Today, FOX News started running commercials for the latest product from Rush Limbaugh, the Obama Chia Pet, featuring US Representative Joe Wilson (R-SC).

Liberal heads would explode with all the racism.

Don't forget, Limbaugh was drummed out of an NFL gig because he said:

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

This Chia Pet is far more racist that that statement.

Joe Wilson was called a racist by Jimmy Carter because he yelled "You lie" during an address by Obama to the full congress. Tacky? Oh yeah. Racist? Less than the Chia Pet.

8. It is well known a certain group in America will play the race card whenever they see fit. Whether we fold our hands into their play or not is a different story.

I dont think the product is racist. If a black man with an afro takes offense then its coming from within and most likely self hate projecting. Afterall, the product doesnt have cartoon like stereotype huge lips or eating a watermelon.

Its just a man with big hair. Hell, i`m Greek and my hair is bigger and kinkier than most black men...and most def the POTUS.

We all need to lighten the fuck up! :D