Obama Caught on Open Microphone Selling Out to Medvedev on Missile Defense

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Mar 26, 2012.

1. President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Election I Have More Flexibility'

ABC NewsBy Jake Tapper | ABC News – 4 hrs ago

SEOUL, South Korea - At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have "more flexibility" to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him "space."

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.

The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

When asked to explain what President Obama meant, deputy national security adviser for strategic communications Ben Rhodes told ABC News that there is room for the U.S. and Russia to reach an accommodation, but "there is a lot of rhetoric around this issue - there always is - in both countries.

A senior administration official tells ABC News: "this is a political year in which the Russians just had an election, we're about to have a presidential and congressional elections - this is not the kind of year in which we're going to resolve incredibly complicated issue like this. So there's an advantage to pulling back and letting the technical experts work on this as the president has been saying."

http://news.yahoo.com/president-oba...ile-defense-election-101729176--abc-news.html

2. pspr

pspr

Obama is worst fucking president we have ever had. That SOB doesn't care about America or her people. He just want the world to revolve around his views and be damned with what others want or what is right.

3. Obama sounds pretty damn confident that he's getting re elected :)

4. So you're happy if he sells out the country as long as you get your welfare?

5. His position is very strong. I would be very surprised if it is not a landslide victory. I suspect if Obama could run for 4 straight elections, he would have won them all handily.

I always felt that comparing Obama to Carter was asinine. Carter was a white peanut farmer from Georgia, that is as boring as it sounds.

Obama is the ultimate black celebrity superstar, he is Jay-Z, kanye west, will smith X100 rolled into 1. In a celebrity dominated society like ours, where they ARE the new aristocrats, How can he not win?

6. pspr

pspr

You are setting yourself up for a whole day of crying in November. :p

7. Obama tells Israel to wait after the election.

Now Russia.

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The left seems convinced he will be reelected.

Doesn't matter to me either way honestly. I won't be subject to his policies so there is no reason to get very concerned. I already made my life decisions based on the stupidity exhibited by the American electorate in 2008. I don't really need any additional data to know that this country is dominated by idiots.

My friends and family are starting to freak out that I'm no-kidding leaving. I have to admit that I'm not doing anything to calm them down and frankly when they insist I explain why I ask them if they voted for Obama and they really go off. I suppose I'm playing on their guilt more than a little. Oh well. Its the truth and there is no reason for me to make polite excuses to preserve the well-being of people who contributed to the destruction of this country. I'll send them a postcard and maybe call them on Skype lol.

9. No crying as I do not support Obama, but what I want to happen and what I know is going to happen are two different issues.

There is no current living politician in the US that has the star power of Obama. Forget about the US, in the entire world, there is no politician like that. Maybe if you took Nelson Mandela out of his sick bed but other than that, I can't think of anyone else.

people are not going to go through 300 pages of each candidate's manifesto and policies to make their decision. Ultimately charm charisma and populism are far far more important in a popular election.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Really? I hadn't noticed.

#10     Mar 26, 2012