Obama Caught in a Major ACORN Lie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Since the "lies" of various people seem to have the left up in arms, we have this nice piece:

Obama Caught in a Major ACORN Lie
    by Jim Hoft

The brazen dishonesty of this president is a bit concerning to say the least.

A newly discovered video shows Obama lying to the American people about his relationship with ACORN:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jPJwu3wUcU&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jPJwu3wUcU&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Representative Darrell Issa (R-CA) from the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform released this video at CPAC of Barack Obama discussing his close partnership with ACORN. Obama talked about his long relationship with ACORN privately in this video before the 2008 election:

• “When I ran project vote, the voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it. Once I was elected there wasn’t a campaign that ACORN worked on down in Springfield that I wasn’t right there with you. Since I have been in the United States Senate I’ve been always a partner with ACORN as well. I’ve been fighting with ACORN, along side ACORN, on issues you care about my entire career.”
    But, when Barack Obama was confronted about his relationship with ACORN publicly before the election he had an entirely different story. This is what he said in October 2008:

• Reporter: Senator McCain today said there was voter fraud going on in the battleground states. ACORN has been tampering with America’s most precious right. There has to be a full investigation and he also said you need to disclose your full relationship with ACORN. I’m wondering if you have any reaction to Senator McCain’s charge?

Barack Obama: Well, first of all my relationship with ACORN is pretty straightforward. It’s probably 13 years ago when I was still practicing law, I represented ACORN and my partner in that investigation was the US Justice department in having Illinois implement what was called the motor voter law, to make sure people could go to DMV’s and driver license facilities to get registered. It wasn’t being implemented. That was my relationship and is my relationship to ACORN. There is an ACORN organization in Chicago. They’ve been active. As an elected offiical, I’ve had interactions with them. But, they’re not advising my campaign. We’ve got the best voter registration in politics right now and we don’t need ACORN’s help.
    For the record…

ACORN is the largest radical leftist group in America today.
    This radical group worked closely with the Obama camp during the election but, the community organizing group was not open about the relationship. The photo below was scrubbed from the ACORN website before the election:

[​IMG]

One of Barack Obama’s first big “community organizer” jobs involved ACORN in 1992. He worked along side ACORN before he became an elected official. Obama also trained ACORN employees. He represented ACORN in court. Obama worked with and protested with ACORN. His campaign donated $800,000 to ACORN in 2008 for voter registration efforts.
    And, ACORN even canvassed for Obama in 2008.

In 2009 Obama promoted a top ACORN operative, Patrick Gaspard, who’s oranization was fined $775,000 for election violations, to a top post in the White House. Gespard is helping shape domestic policy today.

Obama’s ACORN group was banned from receiving federal funds in September after the group was busted on tape promoting the child sex slave trade.

2. Thanks for the post.

I am so glad that this stuff is finally coming out !!!

3. Obama has lied sooooooo many times... hard to believe people don't call him on it.

4. Ricter

Ricter

Well, that's scary. How big are they? 400k or so members. Sizeable! What's their per annum budget? $25 million. Hmm, that's pretty chump change. Still, $25 million coming from the government.. Oh, wait, no, the government only funds 10% of that. Lol! Ok, ok, they lost that funding, in legislation signed into effect by... wait for it... Obama himself.

In summary, a small, boring controversy. I think the birth certificate thing was bigger and more entertaining, can we go back to that?

5. I went down to New Orleans to Acorns main office front door.
    It is a tiny run down hole in the wall building.

It houses over a dozen corporate pass through multimillion dollar scam funds and projects.

Oh ... and don't forget that George Soros funds them through numbers of sources
    and slushes funds through the "Tides Foundation" to them.

I think a massive blitz on all these issues is what is needed.

If enough uproar happens ... then mainstream media must report truth
    versus liberal pabulum.

6. Ricter

Ricter

You identify corporate malfeasance in the first part, and state "liberal pabulum" in the second part. Are you implying the liberals are defending ACORN because it's a corporate run scam??

7. There is plenty of scum on both sides of the fence.

8. reg

reg

The real question is - why did B. Hussein have to lie about his relationship with this organization in the first place?

9. Where is the lie? He tell you he work with this ACORN to organize people to vote. And he tell you that in both times.

10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Can anybody point to one specific case of voter fraud perpetrated by ACORN? Just one case where somebody somewhere voted under the name "Mickey Mouse" or "Uncle Fester"? Or even that ACORN intentionally tried to register somebody under a phony name? No? I didn't think so.

#10     Feb 20, 2010