Obama Camp Asks Media To Help Defeat Romney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I can't believe this. Obama and his campaign don't even try to hide the fact that the media is in their camp.

David Axelrod, President Barack Obama's top strategist, has said that the campaign will take a 'hard look' at how to approach future debates and admitted that 'I'm sure that we will make adjustments'.

All but stating that Mitt Romney had won the Denver debate, Axelrod conceded that the performance aspect was 'not the President's strong suit in these events' but insisted that 'I don't see us adding huge amounts of additional prep time'.

Axelrod, speaking on a campaign conference call, made an appeal to reporters to make the points that Obama himself had failed to make in the debate

'All of you who travel on the road with Governor Romney know that he just few weeks ago stood up and said we didn't need any more teachers,' he said. 'Last night he couldn't be more enthusiastic about teachers and more teachers.'

Romney had delivered 'a very vigorous performance but one that was devoid of honesty', Axelrod said.

'And so today, as the day after, I think the question for you [the media], for the American people is really one of character and whether or not a candidacy that's so fundamentally rooted in hiding the truth and the facts from the American people and deception is the basis of trust on which you assign the presidency to a person.

'So that is what we are going to focus on moving forward. We're going to hold Governor Romney accountable for the things that he said last night and we're going to make him justify those claims - as I hope you will make him justify those claims.

'Because we need an an honest and a genuine and realistic plan to move forward and not a bunch of lines designed to get you through a debate.'

Axelrod said that Romney was 'completely untethered from the truth' and 'knowingly and willfully tried to deceive senior citizens'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...edias-help-Mitt-Romney.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Axelrod is a fucking yambag. If what Mitt said was so untrue, why wouldn't the President jump all over him for saying it right there, in front of 50 million people? Only two possibilities as far as I can see...

1. The President didn't know it was untrue because he doesn't have a solid grasp of the issues.

2. The President knew it was true and couldn't jump all over it.

that's it! Does anyone here think the President would be a nice guy and let stuff slide if he could nail Romney on something in front of the nation? Please!

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 16 Trillion...and counting...

4. wjk

wjk

I wonder if Gallup agrees with you.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/06/j...suit-came-after-axelrod-criticized-pollsters/

"Internal emails between senior officials at The Gallup Organization, obtained by The Daily Caller, show senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod attempting to subtly intimidate the respected polling firm when its numbers were unfavorable to the president."

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL! Yeah, someone posted that a while back. Does anyone here think that if that crap was done during the Bush administration the media wouldn't be ALL OVER IT?

6. wjk

wjk

They would STILL be all over it, even today!

7. pspr

pspr

The double standard has ballooned for Obama. He gets away with stuff any other president would be impeached over by the press or by Congress..

8. wjk

wjk

Mark Levin has said the same...often.