Obama Calls Reporter 'Sweetie' In Michigan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 14, 2008.

1. LT701

LT701

i think her remark was thinly vieled racism

2. good call LT701... i think you nailed it.

3. totti100

totti100

Thanks for the note, you forgot to mention
    that Obama has personally apologized to the reporter.

Here is the voicemail that Obama left the reporter.

"Hi Peggy. This is Barack Obama. I'm calling to apologize on two fronts. One was you didn't get your question answered and I apologize. I thought that we had set up interviews with all the local stations. I guess we got it with your station but you weren't the reporter that got the interview. And so, I broke my word. I apologize for that and I will make up for it. Second apology is for using the word 'sweetie.' That's a bad habit of mine. I do it sometimes with all kinds of people. I mean no disrespect and I am duly chastened on that front. Feel free to call me back. I expect that my press team will be happy to try to make it up to you whenever we are in Detroit next."

4. cont. ....maybe we can kick it at the club and later knock boots? how's that sound sugar britches? oh yeah i almost forgot, nice rack!"

5. What is up with the US

You can't even call a girl 'sweetie' without having to apologize for it

Why would 'sweetie' be disrespectful?

The only thing I can think of is...girls are all about 'I'm strong and independent' BS

6. Exactly...he didn't say " hold on dare Ho".....sweetie is no longer PC???

7. :

:D

I can tell you've been successful with the ladies. Smooth. Real smooth.

8. I hope he doesn't use it with Chuck Norris. John Edwards, different story.

9. jem

jem

Obama does seem to be getting more metrosexual by the month. Soon there may be two faggots on the ticket.

#10     May 16, 2008