Obama budget cuts have little deficit impact

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, May 7, 2009.

1. Americans need to become more educated and involved in the political process OUTSIDE the existing two parties for any real change to develop.

#11     May 9, 2009
  2. Hey Genius, the stimulus bill spent $787 Billion to create 3.5 million jobs. The 3.5 million jobs created is right from Obama's mouth. Even if it meets Obama's goal that is $225,000 per job created. Simple math.

#12     May 9, 2009
  3. Simple math don't work as it fails to account for other matters: pls read:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200901270012

#13     May 10, 2009
  4. Very good point Seneca. It's because of simple math not working that the per job cost balloons up to the $600,000 mark.

#14     May 10, 2009
  5. Ohhh my fault, they are going to use some of the money to improve education. What a noble idea. Lets fix education by throwing money at it. That has never been tried in the past and failed miserably.

Do you really think Obama cares about education? If so, why did he cut school vouchers, in DC?

#15     May 10, 2009
  6. Clearly your reading skills lack and maybe you should enroll again. That is not what the article talks about. Investments have returns in addition to just employing someone else why build roads, send kids to school, build dams, etc?

#16     May 11, 2009
  7. It's not my reading skills you should be attacking.

Google is a wonderful tool. Give it a whirl.

And to save you time, you don't need to look at Fox.

#17     May 11, 2009
  8. I did and don't look at faux news and what I found was the actual cost per job calculated by economists to be around 63K which is the point made by the link I posted for all to read.

Seneca

#18     May 11, 2009
  9. Hey Seneca this stimulus bill is going to choke future economic growth. Its that simple. It will produce a short-term boost followed by choked economic growth. Why can't you see that? Are we heroin addicts? Do we need a short term fix even if it results in long term pain?

#19     May 11, 2009