obama. best president ever for the market.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Really? record percentage of the population on food stamps, extended unemployment benefits, etc and "most" people are doing well?

90% of America isn't working, familiar with the fact that after a period of time people fall off the radar, the real unemployment stats are closer to 20%.

The average American CERTAINLY will notice if a state goes into default since the states have a certain thing called taxing authority. They are currently doing everything in their power to extract what they can before default.

It isn't "doom and gloom" old man, it's reality. A concept you seem to have lost in your senility.

#41     Jan 5, 2011
  2. Tinfoil,

What is it about you types that always assume that if someone is anti-liberal they are pro-republican? I've stated on several occasions I'm a libertarian, I see no use for either political party. Obviously, you are trapped in that warped mentality that continues to destroy this country.

It cracks me up that hard core liberals are now jumping on board this administration's furtherance of corporate cronyism, whereas a few years ago it was considered criminal.

#42     Jan 5, 2011
  3. i havent lost the concept. i love doom and gloom. its an oppertunity to profit. while you doom and gloom types were sure the world was ending i picked up some bank stocks in early 2009. now the only difficulty is deciding when to cash in.

i actually wish you doom and gloomers would gain some traction again and cause a little panic because i would like to get another oppertunity to load up on long term positions.

#43     Jan 5, 2011
  4. I'm with you here, brotha! Unfortunately, the markets are still feeling the honeymoon with the Republican Congress! [​IMG]

#44     Jan 5, 2011
  5. If I had a nickel for every time I heard that on this board I'd be rich. Apparently there aren't any Republicans anymore.
    Meantime, almost all your posts slam the Democrats. I haven't seen anything from you about this "furtherance of corporate cronyism".
    Libs to me are just farther to the right than the Republicans. You're just more against everything than they are. I don't see much daylight there.
    Milton Friedman was against the drug war, for instance, as was William Buckley. They both had the honesty to continue to call themselves conservatives though. They just recognized this as a position they had in common with a portion of liberals.

#45     Jan 5, 2011
  6. And my gold and silver holdings have crushed your stock market gains.

#46     Jan 5, 2011
  7. I slam all things that are a burden upon the individual, both parties have grown the public sector to extremes over the past 10-20 years. It just so happens that since you are a Democrat and paranoid, you have taken those remarks personally. If I slam corporate cronyism, a Republican will probably come along and take that personally. If I slam wasteful war spending in a "war economy" which is what we operate, then I will be called a liberal.

So tell me what's dishonest, AT ALL, about calling myself a Libertarian. If I am for a drastic reduction in the size and scope of government, then I am clearly not a part of either party. I side with no special interests, I'm not captive to any of the idiotic diatribe between the two parties.

Wake up, Tinfoil.

#47     Jan 5, 2011
  8. more power to ya. come back after you have done this as many years as i have and lets see if you are even in the game anymore. i have seen many talkers come and go over the years.

#48     Jan 5, 2011
  9. Take your own advice then, old timer.

#49     Jan 5, 2011

10. LVS 3/11/09 Low: 1.54 Recent high: 55 plus

coulda woulda shoulda bought 300K shares.

#50     Jan 5, 2011