Obama beating Romney by 5 points in three polls,6 in two

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Luke . . . . here's a '' i hope this will soon change '' for you. :D .

#21     Jan 31, 2012

2. Lol . . . . shows your desperate desire for big words and phrases. :) .

#22     Jan 31, 2012
  3. lol, no if you want to get into a serious discussion about what racism is, complete with books, white papers et. al. Im game bruh, step up or shut up.

#23     Jan 31, 2012
  4. AK,believe me, the luckers know who the racists are in this forum, and it ain't you.

#24     Jan 31, 2012
  5. Mmmmm Mmmm finger lickin good! Please please please Lucrum, lets discuss racism! Right here, right now! You fucking racist fuck!

#25     Jan 31, 2012
  6. rew

rew

No establishment Republican (or for that matter, any ET war monger) will ever admit it, but the only Republican who has a chance against Obama is Ron Paul.

#26     Jan 31, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I don't believe that. Paul has a very devoted base, but they are too few in number.

I think Romney has a chance, he only needs to convince voters that more money in the accounts of the wealthy and the corporations will turn the economy around.

#27     Jan 31, 2012
  8. rew

rew

Romney is the Republican version of Obama (Romneycare, tells the public what he thinks they want to hear, is telegenic.) But if it's a choice between Obama and Obama-R, people will go for the real thing.

#28     Jan 31, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Up there with ripping the tag off your mattress.

#29     Jan 31, 2012
  10. Polls this early are meaningless.

In 1980, a week before the election, Carter was up by 3-5 points over Reagan in some polls, then lost in a landslide.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/behind-the-numbers/2008/10/reagans_comeback.html

But a review of the late 1980 polls shows that while Reagan soared over the final week (following the campaign's one and only debate on Oct. 29), the contest up until that point was tightly competitive, not trending toward the incumbent Democratic president. At the time, the Associated Press reported "new polls say the race between the two men remains too close to call."

A post-election summary of polls by then-CBS News pollster Warren Mitofsky shows that at no point over the final two weeks did Carter have a lead bigger than three percentage points. There is a published Gallup poll not included in that report showing Carter up six among likely voters in a poll conducted Oct. 24 to 27. Whether six or the eight points cited today, Carter's advantage in Gallup polling was offset by similarly large Reagan leads in NBC-Associated Press or DMI (Reagan's pollsters) polls.

#30     Jan 31, 2012