Obama Attacked By Book

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Oct 11, 2010.

1. It was a dumbass attention seeking author

Attention-seeking author hurls his book at Obama

Yes, the publishing industry is reeling these days, but surely authors surely can find less disruptive ways to promote their newly published works than hauling off and throwing a copy at the president of the United States.

But you know what they say: There's no such thing as bad publicity. Something like that thought probably crossed the mind of the unidentified man who hurled a paperback at President Obama at a rally at Philadelphia's Vernon Park over the weekend. Mark Knoller of CBS said that the Secret Service has interviewed the author, whom they described as an "overexuberant" Obama supporter who merely wanted to make sure that the president had a copy of his book. The determined scribe said he meant no harm but exercised horrendous judgment -- and that was apparently good enough for the Secret Service, which didn't seek charges against him. After agents with the service questioned the man, they saw to his release.

Many originally thought that the book-hurler was acting out of anger, much like the infamous Iraqi reporter who hurled a shoe at then-President George W. Bush. But high spirits often get out of hand in Philadelphia. This, after all, is a city whose residents are famous for booing Santa Claus. By those civic standards, a streaker and a text missile in the vicinity of the president's head make for a pretty serene day.

#11     Oct 11, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

At first I thought you meant BO.

#12     Oct 11, 2010
  3. Classic Lucrum. How'd I know you were going to say that? :D :cool:

#13     Oct 11, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

[​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slide...s_wl_me_afp/49b50e74281e75234d4510e2f02afff8/

An Israeli right-winger throws a shoe at an image of US President Barack Obama in protest at US pressure to halt the building of Jewish settlements during a protest outside the American embassy in Tel Aviv. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is under intense international pressure, especially from Washington, to renew a freeze on settlements construction in the occupied West Bank.

#14     Oct 11, 2010