Obama approval ratings hit fresh lows

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think Christy is more similar to Reagan then Romney. Romney is slightly more exciting then Bob Dole, but only slightly.

#21     Mar 30, 2011
  2. cstfx

cstfx

re: Romney - pertaining to losing the nomination but crafting yourself to be in the right place at the right time 4 yrs later

Also, Christie ain't running. Mary Pat won't let him.

#22     Mar 30, 2011
  3. Fwiw, there is a correlation between presidential polls and consumer confidence.

Check the lastest Prez poll before the numbers come out and watch.

#23     Mar 30, 2011
  4. When was the last time a republican presidential candidate got 45 % of the black vote? Democrats usually get 90 % of the black vote and 70 % of the Latino vote

#24     Mar 30, 2011

5. Pawlenty is a much better candidate,but Republicans have to deal with idiotic but charismatic people like Palin and Bachmann.I read that Bachmann is much more popular in their home state as well

http://elections.americablog.com/2011/02/michelle-bachmann-ahead-of-pawlenty-for.html

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011

Michelle Bachmann ahead of Pawlenty for 2012 nomination
    Posted by Kombiz at 2/24/2011 07:00:00 PM

This has to be embarrassing for Team Pawlenty. A new Gallup poll has fringe candidate Michelle Bachmann leading former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty for the Republican nomination for President.

The latest Gallup poll of Republicans who may run for the White House in 2012 shows GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann slightly ahead of former Gov. Tim Pawlenty. The poll shows a wide open field among potential contenders. Mike Huckabee leads the field followed by Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin.

Bachmann received support from four percent of those polled. Pawlenty received support from three percent of those polled.

#25     Mar 30, 2011
  6. The only thing that I would add to that statement is that Obama drew out larger numbers of black voters, who might otherwise sit out a Presidential election. So while we can bicker back and forth about whether it was the black vote or the swaying of the independent vote, what's clear to me and a few others is that the record one-sided support of the black population was a huge deal. The independent votes were sort of the icing on the cake.

It's another reason why myself and a few others will always view with skepticism any approval polls which don't breakdown approval according to race. No matter what Obama says or does, the black population will support him upwards of 90+%. It's the complete and utter disapproval amongst those independents and even I'd presume the hard core leftists that probably has his camp worried. His fall from grace is historical to be perfectly honest.

#26     Mar 30, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yikes! Obama on the lows, Hillary on the highs. Hmm.....2012....I hear footsteps Barry.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146891/Hillary-Clinton-Favorable-Near-Time-High.aspx

[​IMG]

#27     Mar 30, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

In your original post you mentioned that he has a 42% approval rating.

That is astonishingly high and says to me that he has a good chance of being reelected.

Unbelievable. Who are these 42%??? Can that much of the country be dumb as a rock?

#28     Mar 30, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, about 30% of the country are democrats who will support Obama no matter what. I honestly don't know who the other 12% are. I have to assume they misunderstood the question. :)

#29     Mar 30, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

No, 377, the 42% are not dumb as a rock. They are in business, moving forward, with no time for handwringing. They didn't get the republican "we're all gonna die!!1!" memo. They are pushing the US into its recovery.

What are you doing?

#30     Mar 30, 2011