Obama approval ratings hit fresh lows

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/52208.html

Uh-oh spaghetti-o's.

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN | 3/30/11 7:57 AM EDT

President Barack Obama’s approval rating and prospects for reelection have plunged to all-time lows in a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.

Half of the registered voters surveyed for the poll think that the president does not deserve a second term in office, while 41 percent say he does. In another Quinnipiac poll released just four weeks ago, 45 percent said the president did not deserve reelection, while 47 percent said he did.

The decline in support for a second Obama term comes as his approval rating has dropped 4 percentage points since early March, landing at 42 percent – a record low – in the poll released Wednesday. His disapproval rating has risen from 46 percent to 48 percent.

The downward shift may in part be the result of dissatisfaction over U.S involvement in Libya, with 47 percent of those surveyed saying they oppose it. By a margin of 58 percent to 29 percent, registered voters said that Obama has not clearly stated U.S. goals for the mission.

The poll as conducted March 22-28 and surveyed 2,069 registered voters. The error margin is plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

2. cstfx

cstfx

I don't trust Quinnapiac as they tend to have a liberal bias.

:D

3. pspr

pspr

As Obama's Libyan war requires more and more U.S. involvement those polls are going to continue to slip.

BTW, on the costs of the Libyan conflict, The U.S. is spending $55.00 for every $4.90 each of the other coilition partners are contributing. We are paying for more than half of the total costs.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

So, is it safe to say we can stick a fork in this guy?

5. Ricter

Ricter

Obama's team needs to learn how to exploit fear like the other team does. Look at Bush II, before and after 9/11. Don't call me a cynic, I do believe Bush cared and cares about America.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

A Pitchfork? :D

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Fear? He does that well too. His war on Fox news. His war on the tea party. The environmental Armageddon coming our way. Oh yeah, and the best one of all, the fear of prosperity. That one keeps me up at night. :)

8. Ricter

Ricter

I don't think the American public is afraid of those things right now. Have another look at the front page.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

The public is ALWAYS afraid of the government taking their money.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

You could have stopped right there ya know.

#10     Mar 30, 2011