Obama approval 53 %

Discussion in 'Politics' started by .........., Mar 11, 2010.

1. Obama approval rating at 43%: Rasmussen
    MARCH 10, 2010 BY ED MORRISSEY

Barack Obama hits the campaign trail again this month in support of a tremendously unpopular ObamaCare bill — and his numbers have started nose-diving again. Rasmussen’s latest daily poll shows Obama now at 43% approval, with 56% disapproving, the lowest figures of his presidency. His “passion index” has once again hit its lowest level at -21, as less than a quarter of registered voters now strongly approve of his performance:

So far, this hard pivot to the economy has worked out well for Obama, hasn’t it? Three months ago, the White House had accurately diagnosed the political problem for Obama’s slide in the polls. Obama and the Democrats had spent most of the year haggling over a progressive hobby horse while American unemployment skyrocketed. They pledged to backburner the ObamaCare effort and start focusing on jobs, but they only turned out a wan $15 billion package that won’t stimulate any new job creation at all.

Now, Obama wants to double down and force ObamaCare through when he should be starting from scratch. He’s filling every available moment with his campaign, sucking all of the oxygen out of job-creation efforts, while his pet project only gets less popular by the day. Small wonder that only 22% of the electorate has strong approval of his performance.

It took George Bush almost six years to get to this level of job approval. Obama’s managed it in 14 months. That’s change no one can believe in, apparently.

[​IMG]

#21     Mar 11, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Catalog all the factors that go into this number that you can, now, so that, as the number improves, you'll be able to cherry-pick other factors that "explain away" the rise.

Alternatively, admit there are many factors, and that debate about poll differences of +/-5 % one year in is a waste of time.

#22     Mar 11, 2010
  3. You're truly an idiot.

Of the 30 million non-illegals lacking health insurance, about half of them, elect to forgo coverage. Thus 15 million people will see their premiums go from zero to whatever, or face a fine/tax for not being insured. They probably won't be stoked.

As far as the remaining quarter of a billion people, there is no promise, not even an implied promise, that their premiums will decrease. Hence, the average voter won't feel he got any type of benefit at all.

As far as foreign policy, if you think U.S. troops will be "coming home" from Afghanistan, then you're delusional. The Zardari government in Pakistan is fragile, largly because of his cooperation with the U.S.

While on the subject of Gallup polls:

the polling was conducted by Gallup Pakistan – an organization affiliated with the US-based Gallup Inc -and more than 2,600 people took part.

Interviews were conducted across the political spectrum in all the four provinces, and represented men and women of every economic and ethnic background.

When respondents were asked what they consider to be the biggest threat to the nation, 11 per cent of the population identified the Taliban fighters, who have been blamed for scores of deadly bomb attacks across the country in recent years.

Another 18 per cent said that they believe neighboring India is the biggest threat, which has fought three wars with Pakistan since partition in 1947.

But an overwhelming number, 59 per cent of respondents, said the greatest threat to Pakistan right now is, in fact, the US, a donor of considerable amounts of military and development aid.

#23     Mar 11, 2010
  4. "Racism explains a lot of white opposition to Barack Obama, say some Democrats. It would be foolish to dismiss this argument out of hand. (I) walked into a shop in Millington, Tennessee last week and asked the white gentleman behind the counter what he thought of the 44th president. “He’s a fucking nigger,” came the reply. The shopkeeper then helpfully explained that he was “not bashful” about expressing his opinions."

Lexington does go on to say that Obama isn't exactly knocking it out of the park and his (dis)approval ratings can't be chalked up only to racism, but this quote was pretty illuminating. Obama's election surely revealed the grotesque face of virulent, inbred, semi-literate racism in the U.S.

I wonder which P & R regular runs that shop down in Tennessee?

http://www.economist.com/world/united-states/displaystory.cfm?story_id=15606284

#24     Mar 11, 2010
  5. Source please.

#25     Mar 11, 2010

6. Funny that no other poll has him that low.2 have him at 53,the rest 47-49,but shit-mussen
    43.Get real

[​IMG]

#26     Mar 11, 2010
  7. No you didnt, you do what you do everytime, deflect the question with "the other side do it too" bullshit which was not even relevant here.

#27     Mar 11, 2010
  8. Obviously it's a Left Wing conspiracy to dash the Right Wing's sugar cookie hopes and dreams with daylight.

#28     Mar 11, 2010
  9. I would guess it's a wash. For example, and relevant to this discussion, 95% of African Americans (as polled by Gallup) approve of Obama's job performance. I believe they're 13% of the sample. I think it's safe to assume that if the President was a fat Irish guy (or a Mexican from California) he'd poll at far less than 95% with blacks. Obama also received a higher percentage of white votes than any Democrat since LBJ in 1964. Quite a few moderate whites voted for O out of a "do the right thing" bent. Unfortunately for Obama, it seems it's those voters who're most disappointed with his policies.

With the vast majority of American whites, policy trumps race. J.C. Watts Represented an all white Congressional district in Oklahoma and was lionized even though I'd guess quite a few of his supporters wouldn't be so crazy about a black guy living next door. The first African-American Senator, Edward Brooke, was a Republican. And we're not talking centuries ago, he was elected in 1964.

I think I'm like a lot of voters. (I'm Asian-American) I'd vote for a conservative African-American even if literally he were a paroled serial killer before I'd vote for a white, liberal, Democrat.

#29     Mar 11, 2010
  10. Perhaps it was Harry Reid, Bill Clinton, Dan Rather, Chris Mattews...

#30     Mar 11, 2010