Obama approval 50 %.Reagan 43 % in April 82

Discussion in 'Politics' started by .........., Apr 25, 2010.

1. The low IQ crowd would be the fiscal conservatives who call Reagan a god even though he was the biggest spender in modern presidential history

#11     Apr 25, 2010
  2. I'll add that Bush was the # 2 spender

I wonder where was the tea party crowd when the 2 biggest spenders were doubling and tripling the national debt

#12     Apr 25, 2010
  3. The truth is a bitch.

#13     Apr 25, 2010
  4. Can't blame them, Dick was still around to prevent them from teabagging.

#14     Apr 25, 2010
  5. For the right I know it is.Funny that when it comes to Obama having 45-50 % approval ratings he is doomed,a bad president and is a one term president.But Reagan had lower numbers and he is the God of the Republican party

Obama spends too much and he is going to ruin the country,But Reagan nearly tripled the national debt ,something that even Obama wont do .Much of Obamas spending is also related to 2 wars left to him by his Republican predecessor

#15     Apr 25, 2010
  6. LOL :D :D :D

#16     Apr 25, 2010
  7. Funny the praise for Bush /Chaney "keeping us safe"(After the biggest attack in the country's history )

Obama has kept us safe but the right gives him no credit for that

#17     Apr 25, 2010

8. I don't think the comparison is even relevant today. Neither party resembles what they were in the 1980s. Repubs are losing their foundation and "wandering in the desert", due to hangover from Bush. And Democrats are becoming flat out radical. Teabaggers are just a reactionary movement to this. Make no mistake, this country is changing right before your eyes.

#18     Apr 25, 2010
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'll just isolate one issue out onto the glass slide for close microscopic examination...

The Handling of the Islamic Republic of Iran

While President Obama foams and fulminates about condos in Israel and foments for the very destruction of that country in alliance with Iran, the Iranians push for nuclear weapons capability and are less than one year from detonation of test weaponry. That characterizes the Obama handling of the situation pretty fairly I would say. Hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth.

President Reagan's response to the Iranian threat will never be known because it was completely unnecessary. Within one hour of being sworn-in the Iranians folded and quickly released the hostages that had been held for a good portion of the Carter regime. We'll never know what Ronald Reagan would have done in 1980 and we can't know what he would do now but I can hazard a guess that Iran would be taken to the woodshed without much delay.

At some point Iran even became an arms customer and Reagan used the money to stop the leftist rise in Central America. Absolutely effing brilliant according to many think tanks and military analysts.

Your man Obama can't even carry Ronald Reagan's water I'm afraid. Trying to argue that direction is an uphill battle through rough terrain. Obama is a dolt. Reagan was a game changer.

#19     Apr 25, 2010
  10. Obama is dealing with a nuclear Iran( Who built nukes under George Bush)

I don't see the comparison between a hostage situation and possible nuclear war in the middle east

I also don't know what Reagan would have done with the current Iran situation,But It was Republican Bush that allowed Iran and Korea to build their nukes in the first place

#20     Apr 25, 2010