Obama Apology Tour

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrbill, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Why the need for so many lies?

"President Obama “went around the world and apologized for America,” said Mitt Romney, reiterating a common Romney campaign and right-wing talking point.

REALITY: The Washington Post’s fact checker gave this statement “four Pinocchios,” saying, “Take it from us: The apology tour never happened.” PolitiFact.com also took aim at Romney’s false claim, giving it a “Pants on Fire” rating. “We found not a single, full-throated apology” in Obama’s speeches while abroad, PolitiFact says, adding, “we think it’s a ridiculous charge.” [The Washington Post 12/10/11; PolitiFact.com 9/22/11]

Both sides are guilty, but why the need to keep on repeating lies? Do they think that the gullible people will actually start to believe these lies? Apparently so.

“Under Obama’s plan, you wouldn’t have to work and wouldn’t have to train for a job. They just send you your welfare check,” a Romney campaign ad says. [CBS, 8/7/2012]
    REALITY: The administration’s welfare waiver initiative would strengthen work requirements by empowering states to innovate on strategies that could move 20 percent more of the caseload into sustainable employment. As the government’s directive announcing the initiative notes, “The Secretary is only interested in approving waivers if the state can explain in a compelling fashion why the proposed approach may be a more efficient or effective means to promote employment entry, retention, advancement, or access to jobs that offer opportunities for earnings and advancement that will allow participants to avoid dependence on government benefits.” Republican and Democratic governors — and even Romney and Paul Ryan — have all promoted flexibility before Obama embraced it. [HHS, 7/12/2012]

And, yes, the Dem's implying that Romney caused someone's death is stupid as well.

And Ryan, oh well.

2. JamesL

JamesL

3. jem

jem

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2011/02/obamas_apology_tour.html
    Mr. Obama told the French (the French!) that America "has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe. In Prague, he said America has "a moral responsibility to act" on arms control because only the U.S. had "used a nuclear weapon." In London, he said that decisions about the world financial system were no longer made by "just Roosevelt and Churchill sitting in a room with a brandy" -- as if that were a bad thing. And in Latin America, he said the U.S. had not "pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors" because we "failed to see that our own progress is tied directly to progress throughout the Americas."

http://townhall.com/video/obamas-apology-tour

4. OK, both sides of the fence. I guess you're evolving now PT. JK my friend. Sometimes I just have to have a laugh. I trust you when you tell us about your genetic predisposition.