Obama And The New Auto Regulations

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by EMRGLOBAL, May 19, 2009.

1. Good point. I've often wondered, seems each green intiative produces more vehicles on the road. Recycling, for instance, more garbage is trucked more miles with more vehicles (paper. plastic, returnables, medical wastes, landfill closures).

Consolidating business, prior dry cleaning was done on premises, now its shipped to one central cleaning. Vehicles pick up the cleaning, drop off at warehouse, then return back to point where you dropped it off.

Same with donuts and probably dozens of other businesses. In the effort to regulate business, it appears the enviromental benefits are negated repeatedly.

#11     May 19, 2009
  2. There IS something wrong with people who need to commute by themselves in 8000 pound Ford Excursions.
    ------------------------------------------------

Thanks for bringing that up. It is an important American value to mind others people's business. Much of the current power base in America these days is derived from the satisfaction of stopping people from doing what they want with their own money, property, and lives.

#12     May 19, 2009
  3. 151

BIGO BINGO BINGO!

#13     May 19, 2009
  4. NYC212

NYC212

what about sports cars that get poor mpg?

I have a high performance sports car that gets maybe 11-15 mpg's but I have only 7k miles on it 2 years.

I already paid a gas guzzler tax when I bought it.

what is worse, my sports car that doesn't get great gas millage, but it is rarely driven or a pick up truck burning oil ?

have super tough used car emission testing imo vs making hard laws that will kill apart of america (sports cars)

#14     May 19, 2009
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Well, obviously those folks with their Harvard degrees etc know how we should live better than we do. Given that, it seems obvious that they should legislate control over our lifestyles.

Only, I'm not going along. When they start telling me what to drive its time to find another country to live in. Next they'll be telling us we can't fly our Glasairs and Lancairs because they are too fast and use too much fuel.

Its like a Jimmy Carter nightmare.

Can't wait till its over. In the end you guys will thank me for averting an ice age by driving a big blown V8.

#15     May 19, 2009
  6. pspr

pspr

I think government is fast approcing a time when we will have to avail ourselves of our right spelled out in the Declaration of Independence.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

#16     May 19, 2009
  7. All the regulations are going to do is put someone in charge who is more corrupt than the previous person or persons.

This new regulation on the auto industry is just another tax. More revenue for the gov't to blow.

If you try to abolish the government you be viewed as a "terrorist" and be detained w/o a trial or bail.

That document you are quoting is nice to read about in history books but this is far from the same great nation it was when that document was drafted.

We have sold ourselves up the river to the very people we beat in the revolution and we deserve what we are getting.

We have no rights. We can do what we want until the gov't decides that we no longer can.

Take your H1N1 vaccination and RFID chip and go on with your life and STFU or die now. That is your choice.

#17     May 19, 2009
  8. What a scary dumb arse. You and your ilk are responsible for ruining the world and you don't even know it.

#18     May 20, 2009
  9. Mercor

Mercor

The Obama policies are going to widen the gap between rich and poor.

The wealthy will continue to drive any car they want and have their own private healthcare. The rest of the people will be in electric golf carts.
    Back to the 19th century with mega rich and the masses of poor.

#19     May 20, 2009
  10. Obama will do exactlly the opposite.

Do you have any idea what his agenda is?

So what the rich have a gas hogging auto in the garage, always have and always will.

Check out Jay Leno's collection.

#20     May 20, 2009